I should have listened to Eddie

ssh6314

So owning my WJ prior to my JK rubbed of. The sound of a V8 with an exhaust system on it is addictive. So I used Eddie's write up. And took the muffler off. Ugh. It's deceptive. It sounds good. Right until 2k. Then it goes from throaty. To ricey. It is a pretty big drone also. But tolerable. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it yet, I'm going to give it a few days. But either way. I need to order a new rubber exhaust isolator. The one on the passenger side didn't survive this ordeal. :x

Sent from my PG86100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

SoCalDozer

tried the same thing on mine, drove it home from Ocotillo and put the muffler right back on lol. It didnt sounds bad at low rpms like you said but it was so ricey after that. just ordered a dynomax competition system the other day for it.

1yellowjk

did the same thing but replaced the factory "muffler" with Cherry bomb, sounds way better throughout the RMP range and only cost me about $50.

TrailRidden

Just as a heads up if you are looking for an exhaust, the dynomax rock crawler exhaust is in amazon for $270. cant beat it!:thumb:

DanMojo82

A throttle body spacer would help you get a little throaty sound back to your engine, that with a flowmaster and i sound like i have a v8 :grayno:

ssh6314

A dynomax is in my future. But farther down the list. Tinting it out to 20% is next. Along with buying the 5th rim/tire I've neglected to get. A hijack/cb/antenna. Then a 1/4 pounder/stinger. Thennn the dynomax lol.

Sent from my PG86100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom