Sagging springs

warthog13

Question:
I have a Rough Country 3.5" lift that included new lca's, track bar relocation brackets and a new pitman arm. It was great at first, but I have some added some heavy components, rear bumper alone was 300 lbs. Now my 3.5 is more like a 2.5. Can I swap 4.5" springs in there to get my original height back, or will I have to do everything over again including brake lines this time?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with OverlanderJK in that Rough Country products aren't exactly known for their quality. If you're happy enough with your other components, yes, you could get new springs to get you back up to where you want to be but I'd look at a different brand of springs. Also, you need to know that MOST aftermarket coils will yield MORE than what is advertised so you should be careful in what you order. For instance, a 3" TeraFlex coil will give you well over 4" of lift even in a heavy Jeep. Needless to say, if you want to get back up to 3.5" of lift, you might want to look for a 3" coil from a different manufacturer.

Top Bottom