Any Good Jeep/4x4 shops around Chicago ?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Hi, everyone

I am looking for a reputable 4x4 shop around Chicago area. I need C gussets welded on my factory Dana 44 along with new ball joints and new axle shafts. So far I found one shop but they quoted me $1600 just for the labor LOL. I think that is just a silly price.
If I add up the price of parts I want plus that labor cost it's about 2/3 of a cost of a new Dana 60. Since I already spent money on the regear I figured I'll just stick with this axle for a while and beef it up a bit. I wish I knew better couple years ago. :doh:
My jeep is still fairly new so I won't do anything too crazy off-road, I wanna keep it nice for some time. I know the time will come when I put some serious axles and tires on it, but for now I wanna take it easy with some mild off-road. Plus just driving around Chicago streets is almost like driving off-road with all the potholes we have around here :cheesy:

Maybe anyone here is willing to help me out with this. I will pay $$ for help and also provide pizza and beer. I just don't want to get robbed from my hard earned $$.

Please Help!

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Like I have mention in your wave thread. I could assist you if you,re willing to make the drive up here. I'm about 50 minutes north of the inner city (with no traffic).

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom