Twill guys - What do you use to clean your Twill soft top?

Napalm

Hey fellas,
I've recently made the entry into the world of a twill soft top. I love it, but it has been in storage for many months and is covered in dirt, dust, and all kinds of crap from trail use from the previous owner. It needs a vigorous cleaning and my OCD strikes and I have no idea how/what to use on it to clean it. With the vinyl I used 303 Aerospace Protectant after soap and water, but I have no idea what to use for the twill fabric.

Twill clean freaks, what products to you use to clean/protect your twill top?

Looking at this product from Bestop specifically for twill tops, although it is a little pricey.
IMG_1717.jpg

Side note, has anyone ever used this Bestop window product? My Vinyl windows are pretty pinstriped from the trail, and didn't know if this would help even in the least bit.
IMG_1716.jpg

My OCD thanks you :)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I washed mine with the car wash I used on the rest of the Jeep, but it was really only about a year and a half old, when I traded for the 4 door. I never put any protectant on it.

Napalm

Thanks guys. I'm torn between the Bestop product I mentioned above and then this 303 product. The 303 is a little higher, but comes with more products.
IMG_1718.jpg
IMG_1719.jpg
IMG_1720.jpg

Hmm, interesting. I'm not sure! Maybe it'll look different once it get it completely installed... wait IF I ever get it completely installed.

Haha. Hopefully those parts come asap. Yea I dunno. That first picture it looks like I can see in your passenger side all the way through. Here's a pic of mine. Could just be the angle or light though.

IMG_1382.jpg

Napalm

jagrubb99

Haha. Hopefully those parts come asap. Yea I dunno. That first picture it looks like I can see in your passenger side all the way through. Here's a pic of mine. Could just be the angle or light though.

View attachment 245344

Some of this could be due to the fact that Napalm doesn't have his rear window installed so it allows more light inside. Im sure they are the same tint. And congrats on the twill👍

Napalm

Went with the Bestop Twill Cleaner/Protectant and the Bestop Window Cleaner. Hopefully they can get this top cleaned up and looking good. :)

Has anyone ever used the window cleaner?

fayb

I used to clean the twill top with a simple home remedy. I have used mild dishwashing detergent and warm water to clean the twill top and it worked for me. The best option is to buy a cleaner that is designed for the twill top cleaning purpose. Here are some tips that the professional cleaners do to keep the twill clean.
- Avoid using cleaners containing ammonia or alcohol
- Jeep window & plastic restoration kit is good in removing haze and cloudy patches
- Regularly clean the twill top with plain water or cloth
-Twill top protectors are available in the market which helps to prevent the cracking and hardening of the top material. Also, helps to fight against UV rays.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Went with the Bestop Twill Cleaner/Protectant and the Bestop Window Cleaner. Hopefully they can get this top cleaned up and looking good. :)

Has anyone ever used the window cleaner?

Yep, I have, but the name seems to be bit of a misnomer. You should think about it more like a polish instead. Absolutely do not apply to dirty windows. Make sure they're cleaned using your normal car wash product first and thoroughly dry them. You'll apply the "cleaner" just like you would wax - small dollop on a microfiber mitt/towel and rub it into the vinyl. Before moving to a new window panel, use a different, clean towel to wipe off the haze. Water will bead up now and you should get some shine back. I doubt this will help much with pinstripes, but might help with small swirl marks.

Hope that helps!

Top Bottom