PDA

View Full Version : bed lining my jeep(s)

DasBuxxx
01-29-2013, 07:35 PM
I have been researching bead lining my jeep for some time now and am now looking at doing both of them. My research has led me to U-POL Raptor Bed Liner. It appears to go on just as it should and hold up very well over time. I was just going to do my JK but am now thinking to do my XJ as a test first. I am looking at using the GRAVITEX Spray Gun 726 for this application as it comes highly recommended. BUT...I am also considering Al's

I just wanted to see if anyone has used either or if anyone has any other recommendations

HoosierWolf
01-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Haven't done it but it is something I've thought about.

I have a good friend that is a auto body guy and if no one else has any info on it I will see what he knows about it. I think they bedlinered a Jeep a couple of months ago.

Hock Edition
01-31-2013, 02:24 PM
i did the inside of my jeep but not the outside

DasBuxxx
01-31-2013, 03:23 PM
Haven't done it but it is something I've thought about.

I have a good friend that is a auto body guy and if no one else has any info on it I will see what he knows about it. I think they bedlinered a Jeep a couple of months ago.

That would be awesome!

i did the inside of my jeep but not the outside

Ya, that is what I am looking at doing. The carpeting in the XJ is trashed and have a leak in the door so any time it rains water puddles up. Figured I could test it on that one being it is my utility Jeep.

Did you spray or use roll on?

HoosierWolf
01-31-2013, 09:39 PM
This was my buddy's reply.

"Have used the U-pol through a shuts gun and liked it alot. Also we spray scorpion liner with al's spray gun and liked as well."

biggy
02-01-2013, 02:14 AM
I just used the gun that came with the u-pol kit. It worked perfect.

JKAnimal
02-01-2013, 02:59 AM
I just used the gun that came with the u-pol kit. It worked perfect.

Got any pics?

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

biggy
02-01-2013, 03:12 AM
Got any pics?

WAYALIFE APP 

Unfortunately no but it did go on nice and even. I dont see how it could go on any better with another type of gun. I scraped all the sound insulation off for a clean look. I used three bottles which gave three coats ,with a little extra layer in the footwell areas. The fourth bottle I used to coat my evo sliders before they were installed. Its been on for almost two years now and still looks as good as new.

DasBuxxx
02-01-2013, 03:31 AM
This was my buddy's reply.

"Have used the U-pol through a shuts gun and liked it alot. Also we spray scorpion liner with al's spray gun and liked as well."

Thanks man, i appreciate you finding that for me

DasBuxxx
02-01-2013, 03:37 AM
Unfortunately no but it did go on nice and even. I dont see how it could go on any better with another type of gun. I scraped all the sound insulation off for a clean look. I used three bottles which gave three coats ,with a little extra layer in the footwell areas. The fourth bottle I used to coat my evo sliders before they were installed. Its been on for almost two years now and still looks as good as new.

That helps a lot man. At this point what i have heard about both is they pretty evenly matched as to strength and look. Where i am seeing the biggest difference between the two is the gun. Al's goes on with a hopper style gun and the raptor canisters screw right into the gun.

Thanks again for the input

Rock-itman
02-01-2013, 03:53 AM
Does anyone know how this product would work on our inside hardtops ?? Thanx was gonna just rattle can but it might be nice to have a little sound deadening at the same time !! Thanx again

DasBuxxx
02-01-2013, 04:19 AM
Does anyone know how this product would work on our inside hardtops ?? Thanx was gonna just rattle can but it might be nice to have a little sound deadening at the same time !! Thanx again

In my search i saw a couple people on other forums had used the raptor bed liner in there's, but nothing ever mentioned how it held up long term.

zip04
02-18-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm looking at doing this as well. How long did it take to dry? 24 hours or longer?

Shinedepotjk
03-02-2013, 08:04 PM
I rhino lined the interior of my jeep and it came out awesome. 17824
Before17826
After