bed lining my jeep(s)

DasBuxxx

I have been researching bead lining my jeep for some time now and am now looking at doing both of them. My research has led me to U-POL Raptor Bed Liner. It appears to go on just as it should and hold up very well over time. I was just going to do my JK but am now thinking to do my XJ as a test first. I am looking at using the GRAVITEX Spray Gun 726 for this application as it comes highly recommended. BUT...I am also considering Al's

I just wanted to see if anyone has used either or if anyone has any other recommendations

Last edited:

HoosierWolf

Haven't done it but it is something I've thought about.

I have a good friend that is a auto body guy and if no one else has any info on it I will see what he knows about it. I think they bedlinered a Jeep a couple of months ago.

DasBuxxx

Haven't done it but it is something I've thought about.

I have a good friend that is a auto body guy and if no one else has any info on it I will see what he knows about it. I think they bedlinered a Jeep a couple of months ago.

That would be awesome!

i did the inside of my jeep but not the outside

Ya, that is what I am looking at doing. The carpeting in the XJ is trashed and have a leak in the door so any time it rains water puddles up. Figured I could test it on that one being it is my utility Jeep.

Did you spray or use roll on?

HoosierWolf

This was my buddy's reply.

"Have used the U-pol through a shuts gun and liked it alot. Also we spray scorpion liner with al's spray gun and liked as well."

biggy

Got any pics?

WAYALIFE APP 

Unfortunately no but it did go on nice and even. I dont see how it could go on any better with another type of gun. I scraped all the sound insulation off for a clean look. I used three bottles which gave three coats ,with a little extra layer in the footwell areas. The fourth bottle I used to coat my evo sliders before they were installed. Its been on for almost two years now and still looks as good as new.

DasBuxxx

Unfortunately no but it did go on nice and even. I dont see how it could go on any better with another type of gun. I scraped all the sound insulation off for a clean look. I used three bottles which gave three coats ,with a little extra layer in the footwell areas. The fourth bottle I used to coat my evo sliders before they were installed. Its been on for almost two years now and still looks as good as new.

That helps a lot man. At this point what i have heard about both is they pretty evenly matched as to strength and look. Where i am seeing the biggest difference between the two is the gun. Al's goes on with a hopper style gun and the raptor canisters screw right into the gun.

Thanks again for the input

Rock-itman

Does anyone know how this product would work on our inside hardtops ?? Thanx was gonna just rattle can but it might be nice to have a little sound deadening at the same time !! Thanx again

DasBuxxx

Does anyone know how this product would work on our inside hardtops ?? Thanx was gonna just rattle can but it might be nice to have a little sound deadening at the same time !! Thanx again

In my search i saw a couple people on other forums had used the raptor bed liner in there's, but nothing ever mentioned how it held up long term.

Top Bottom