ORE Suspension pictures

RSQCON

Need some help here. I am in the process of researching which suspension kit I am going to purchase. My original plan was to run a traditional 4" coil spring kit however the cost difference between that and the bolt on coil over kit is marginal. In addition I have come across a number of members that have gone through a number of lift kits and ultimately ended up with coil overs. I am not made of money and only have one chance to get it right. I am considering both ORE and the Gen Right kit. I am not a fan boy of any company so please don't come at me with opinions I only want facts! I really like the Gen Right kit as they are getting upwards of 16" of rear wheel travel but I have a hard time spending $22k (installed) on suspension alone so that is why I am also considering ORE. I have no plans to go flying across the desert so this rig is being built primarily for Moab type adventures. I mention this because of all the ORE options I am most interested in their Double Throw Down kits but see no need for the bypass shocks. I contacted them today and they will in fact sell the kit with coil overs only. So what I am looking for is detailed pictures of the brackets on both their bolt on coil over kit as well as the DTD kit.

Here are the different configurations I've considered.
Long arms, bolt on coil overs front and rear
Long arms, bolt on coil overs front, evo lever rear (coil over only)
Long arms, DTD front and rear (coil over only)

I currently have the Dynatrac Hardcore axle package on order and my final goal is to run 37" tires with as low a center of gravity as possible.

Robertcrav

If you aren't going fast why the need for long arms? Why the need for double triangulated rear or evo lever or double throwdown anything? If you are going to Moab on 37s the 4" enforcer kit is all you'd " need"....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Need some help here. I am in the process of researching which suspension kit I am going to purchase. My original plan was to run a traditional 4" coil spring kit however the cost difference between that and the bolt on coil over kit is marginal. In addition I have come across a number of members that have gone through a number of lift kits and ultimately ended up with coil overs. I am not made of money and only have one chance to get it right.

For someone not made of money, the price difference between the two seems considerable to me.

I am considering both ORE and the Gen Right kit. I am not a fan boy of any company so please don't come at me with opinions I only want facts! I really like the Gen Right kit as they are getting upwards of 16" of rear wheel travel but I have a hard time spending $22k (installed) on suspension alone so that is why I am also considering ORE.

Sorry but I call bullshit on the 16" of rear wheel travel. That or they're measuring articulated shock travel and not true vertical travel. I could easily get more than 14" of travel in the rear with my EVO Lever but I purposefully run limiting straps to prevent it. Anything more than what I got now and my driveline binds.

I have no plans to go flying across the desert so this rig is being built primarily for Moab type adventures. I mention this because of all the ORE options I am most interested in their Double Throw Down kits but see no need for the bypass shocks. I contacted them today and they will in fact sell the kit with coil overs only. So what I am looking for is detailed pictures of the brackets on both their bolt on coil over kit as well as the DTD kit.

Funny, I see pics of their brackets on their website :idontknow:

Long arms, bolt on coil overs front and rear
Long arms, bolt on coil overs front, evo lever rear (coil over only)
Long arms, DTD front and rear (coil over only)

I currently have the Dynatrac Hardcore axle package on order and my final goal is to run 37" tires with as low a center of gravity as possible.

Being that you're not wanting to bomb across the desert and primarily looking to just play on Moab type terrain, there is NO need for long arms especially being that you want to keep a low center of gravity. Long arms ARE made to correct suspension geometry after installing a taller lift and for bombing across the desert. They will NOT improve your wheeling ability on the rocks or out in a place like Moab.

Blackhawkip

:thinking: A bolt on coilover kit is $3600. A 4" enforcer is $1300.

.....plus another $1900+ for King 2.5 for a comparable shock. Drew at ORE told me it's about $2000 difference for coilover vs Enforcer with labor included. I haven't done either so don't have receipts to prove or disprove.

RSQCON

No I am not made of money and yes there is a considerable price difference. What I meant by that is I don't want to purchase a coil spring kit only to later upgrade to coil overs to then find out that there is a difference between one coil over kit and another and I wish I had the other. That's not unreasonable by any stretch of the imagination. We all people that has happened to and I don't want to be that guy. I also understand that you are never done building but when it comes to the big ticket items like axles, suspension and wheels I only want to buy once. Yes they do have pictures of the brackets on their website but their site also leaves a lot to be desired. I was hoping some of the forum members could supply some higher quality pictures installed as I'm sure there are some things I haven't taken into consideration. As for the Gen Right kit I can't speak from personal experience but I do have a buddy that runs their kit on a TJ and he swears by it so whether it's 16" or 14" I'm sure it's still a good quality kit. I am well aware that long arms only correct the geometry but low speed or high drag it doesn't matter they still help correct the geometry especially under articulation. I'm not looking for anyone to tell me how to build my Jeep I'm looking for people to post pictures of those kits installed so that I can make my own decision.

J

JKDream

.....plus another $1900+ for King 2.5 for a comparable shock. Drew at ORE told me it's about $2000 difference for coilover vs Enforcer with labor included. I haven't done either so don't have receipts to prove or disprove.
Why not just go with a standard shock instead of a remote resi? If you aren't driving fast through whoops then you won't benefit from a remote res anyway.

Sent from my Le X821 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Blackhawkip

No I am not made of money and yes there is a considerable price difference. What I meant by that is I don't want to purchase a coil spring kit only to later upgrade to coil overs to then find out that there is a difference between one coil over kit and another and I wish I had the other. That's not unreasonable by any stretch of the imagination. We all people that has happened to and I don't want to be that guy. I also understand that you are never done building but when it comes to the big ticket items like axles, suspension and wheels I only want to buy once. Yes they do have pictures of the brackets on their website but their site also leaves a lot to be desired. I was hoping some of the forum members could supply some higher quality pictures installed as I'm sure there are some things I haven't taken into consideration. As for the Gen Right kit I can't speak from personal experience but I do have a buddy that runs their kit on a TJ and he swears by it so whether it's 16" or 14" I'm sure it's still a good quality kit. I am well aware that long arms only correct the geometry but low speed or high drag it doesn't matter they still help correct the geometry especially under articulation. I'm not looking for anyone to tell me how to build my Jeep I'm looking for people to post pictures of those kits installed so that I can make my own decision.

Here is a thread with great pictures of a JKU Rubicon built by Offroad Evolution with their complete catalog installed:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?43380-WTS-ORE-Built-2014-JKUR-Rubicon-with-EVERYTHING

Ddays

Hooked
I completely agree, just put in the 2.5s for comparison sake to the coilovers.

Yeah, I get the shock adder but we're comparing apples, oranges and bananas. A conventional coil lift vs coilovers vs DTD are such completely different beasts. Especially if you are not doing high speed stuff why go to the expense of CO's or DTD?
Sure they're sexy as hell, but necessary?

IDK, Do you really need the king 2.5 on a conventional lift? You will really see no benefit from them in crawling situations. Still, you do need to throw a shock price in there, but I'd say cheaper options are out there and will accomplish what the OP is after.

J

JKDream

I completely agree, just put in the 2.5s for comparison sake to the coilovers.

I know you said you aren't looking for people to tell you how to build your Jeep; but I don't think you should be basing a build off of photos opposed to experience by members.
I can take a camera and make any suspension kit look like the best thing since sliced bread, but that doesn't mean it is.

In my opinion based on what I've read so far from your posts:
I would pair an Enforcer or equivalent lift with some decent shocks.
This will give you a ride quality that is quite good, and will tackle the same obstacles that a bolt-on coilover kit would.
Long arms aren't going to provide much benefit if you want to stay low - and are at a significant price increase.

aermotor

A Google Image search should reveal more than you would need as far as pictures go. I wouldn't hesitate to buy EVO in a heartbeat over other brands, for standard coils or coilovers. EVO has it dialed in.

RSQCON

I saw that tread but thank you for referencing it again. My rig will not be a poster for only one company as I've purchased Savvy front and rear bumpers and will probably use their new rockers as well. Then I'll probably be going with the Gen Right aluminum corner armor and rear tire carrier.

Back on topic...looks like the Evo DTD doesn't allow for a front bumpstop and to use the rear King bump you have to notch the frame.

jesse3638

Hooked
The cost difference between a coil spring lift and the DTD isn't even close. You sure you're looking at the right numbers?

Yeah I was thinking maybe he was comparing a "complete" (8 arms) lift kit to the cost of bolt on CO's. Even then there would still probably be about a $1500 difference. Compared to the EVO Double D bolt on, CO's would be $100 more, but you still need the lift.

If you aren't going fast why the need for long arms? Why the need for double triangulated rear or evo lever or double throwdown anything? If you are going to Moab on 37s the 4" enforcer kit is all you'd " need"....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Maybe he is like me and knows if he doesn't do it now he will later. With 3" of lift I didn't need long arms but I know I would have wanted them later when doing future mods. Agreed he most likely does not need it and if he is trying to save some money there are other packages which will accomplish what he is after. The EVO enforcer pro stage 1 kit comes to mind. For 2k more he could get the EVO double D pro and still come in way under the cost of DTD if he is doing the install himself.

Edit: I was delayed in posting this and all these others replied while I was typing. Was not meaning to be redundant...haha

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
When you run the front DTD, the bypass shock is your bumpstop.

Unless you are going fast, you will not need the DTD or even the bolt on coilover kit.

It has also been mentioned before, that the 2.5 king shocks paired with plush ride springs have a "better" ride than the bolt on coilover kit.

RSQCON

I will be going with long arms either way. I have received a couple quotes from ORE and while I won't post prices out of respect for them there is little more than a $2k difference between these two options factoring in labor as well.

4" plush coil springs, long arms, 2.5" King shocks and King front bump stops
Bolt on coilover, long arms and King front bump stops

I know I could save some money with the first option using different shocks but some of the options out there will limit your wheel travel and then what's the point of using something else when ORE has worked with King to tune the shocks?

Eddie or anyone else have front suspension pictures with your wheels off?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Why do you want the pictures with the front wheels off? If you look at a few build threads that will show you that, hell just google Evo Coilover in google and im sure tons of pics just like I mentioned will show up. Its nothing more than a bracket and a shock.

Because I am feeling kind of nice, here is a pic last year when I put my kit on, before I put in the bumpstops

Last edited:
Top Bottom