Radio stays ON after the removed

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Yesterday my radio stayed on after I removed the key from the ignition. It should turn off after the door is opened or after 30sec. It just stays on the whole time. I tried disconnecting the battery and it did work for about half a day, or 5 cycles of the ignition.
I tried looking for a bad fuse but they all look good. There are also relays in the fuse box that might have something to do with that but you can't really tell if those are bad.
Did anybody have this issue? Is there a simple fix to this?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

SDG

Caught the Bug
What year? Mine is a 14 and if i recall there is a selection in the setting on how long accessories get power after the key is removed. My radio will stay on 5 or 15 min according to the setting i think.

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

ob_tj

My Tj has done the same thing. What I found was it was the position I took the key out in. But my jeep will also stay running with out the key in it.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
My Tj has done the same thing. What I found was it was the position I took the key out in. But my jeep will also stay running with out the key in it.

Staying running without the key in the ignition!? I hope you got this fixed, it doesn't seem very safe.
In mine it seems like the whole cylinder is moving around with or without the key in there

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Yesterday my radio stayed on after I removed the key from the ignition. It should turn off after the door is opened or after 30sec. It just stays on the whole time. I tried disconnecting the battery and it did work for about half a day, or 5 cycles of the ignition.
I tried looking for a bad fuse but they all look good. There are also relays in the fuse box that might have something to do with that but you can't really tell if those are bad.
Did anybody have this issue? Is there a simple fix to this?

I'd check the drivers door wiring connector in the footwell. Sounds like the computer isn't getting the signal that the door has been opened. Probably a loose connection

Top Bottom