Skyler's Deep Water 2 Door Build

SkylerMitchell

IMG_3984.jpg

Bought my jeep back in July. She LOOKED good. Hence the reason I bought it. Didn't know much about the rest (Steering and suspension). Served well for a newbie because it came with 33's bumpers and a winch. And that ugly ass cargo rack (I thought it was cool at the time).

As time went on I wheeled her as hard as I could with what she had lol.

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

Eventually my problems sprouted. It got to the point where I couldn't get to above 35 without getting death wobble and pulling over.

This is when I started educating myself. Did the proper inspections to find my stock track bar was essentially stripped at the adjustment collar and the holes started to wallow. The track bar alone wasn't enough so I gave her a nice little linkage rebuild. (Track bar, drag link, and tie rod). Stock stabilizer was smashed from getting hung up so I'm running her without one but boy is it a night and day difference. Let this be an example that a new SS WILL NOT FIX your death wobble.

IMG_4766.jpg

How she's lookin all finished up :)
IMG_4770.jpg

Then I had to get rid of the ugly cage. Might I add I haven't even used it for its real purpose, it's just been holding my light bar lol.

IMG_4785.jpg

Turned some wrenches and received a more aethstetic look that I was going for.

IMG_4791.jpg

Oh and somewhere along the line I cut the stock fenders which IMO looks way better.

So I will continue to update everyone on how my build is coming along. I just found my rear track bar bracket is nice and broken so I'm down with the guys at Black Diamond 4x4 getting a new artec welded on. Enjoy :)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SkylerMitchell

IMG_3984.jpg

Bought my jeep back in July. She LOOKED good. Hence the reason I bought it. Didn't know much about the rest (Steering and suspension). Served well for a newbie because it came with 33's bumpers and a winch. And that ugly ass cargo rack (I thought it was cool at the time).

As time went on I wheeled her as hard as I could with what she had lol.

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

Eventually my problems sprouted. It got to the point where I couldn't get to above 35 without getting death wobble and pulling over.

This is when I started educating myself. Did the proper inspections to find my stock track bar was essentially stripped at the adjustment collar and the holes started to wallow. The track bar alone wasn't enough so I gave her a nice little linkage rebuild. (Track bar, drag link, and tie rod). Stock stabilizer was smashed from getting hung up so I'm running her without one but boy is it a night and day difference. Let this be an example that a new SS WILL NOT FIX your death wobble.

IMG_4766.jpg

How she's lookin all finished up :)
IMG_4770.jpg

Then I had to get rid of the ugly cage. Might I add I haven't even used it for its real purpose, it's just been holding my light bar lol.

IMG_4786.jpg

Turned some wrenches and received a more aethstetic look that I was going for.

IMG_4791.jpg

Oh and somewhere along the line I cut the stock fenders which IMO looks way better.

So I will continue to update everyone on how my build is coming along. I just found my rear track bar bracket is nice and broken so I'm down with the guys at Black Diamond 4x4 getting a new artec welded on. Enjoy :)

SkylerMitchell

I know it's not much, but the steering stabilizer came in the mail after a 6 week back order. Here's a finished shot of the new components complimented by the Fox SS. The comparison of drivability before and after this work is beyond satisfying, not to mention how much better it looks. Now on to other things like a new coils and shocks!

IMG_4828.jpg

SkylerMitchell

Gave my jeep a slight rear end remodel. It started with selling my old rear bumper to a friend of mine. Worked out nice because I already had wanted to buy the evo fascia and d-ring mounts. I had bought the jeep without a matching spare, so I took this as an opportunity to remove that as well and move my license plate to the tailgate. Here's a picture with everything removed just after painting the bottom of the pan.

IMG_4948.jpg

The license plate kit and fascia showed up right around the same time so I installed those while I waited for the d-rings and hardware to arrive.

IMG_4974.jpg

I got ticketed by local state patrol yesterday for not having any mud flaps. So after my d-rings showed up today, I drove to the local 4x4 store and bought a set of Evo mud flaps and this is the end result. Looks pretty good in my opinion!

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

SkylerMitchell

IMG_5322.jpg finally made it around to doing the drag link flip kit. Super impressed with how it turned out. Big step imo to building a capable rig. While I was at it, threw 3/4 in spacers on the front coils to level it out. [emoji1303]

Top Bottom