Just added an 04 WJ to the family!

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Picked up a 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland HO today with 147k miles on it. She's in really good shape with just a few exceptions.
WJ.jpg
She'll need a new front axle shaft (or at least a new boot), brakes and tires pretty soon. Almost ZERO rust though, which is awesome! I'm looking forward to having that V8 High Output for towing and camping :thumb:
Name suggestions welcome :D

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Very cool. Congrats. Great rig for camping/hauling.

Congrats, looks clean

Sweet! The more WJs the better :thumb:

Nice! Looks really clean.

Thanks!

I think it was a good find. I've been looking at ZJs and WJs for about a month and fell in love with this one. Single owner, garage Jeep, Quadra-Drive, Overland V8 HO, what's not to like!

I'll start a build thread with some more photos soon; once I get it licensed and start getting my hands dirty :)

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I love my WJ Overland...With a little time and money they can some of the best offroad rigs

Nice, mine probably won't ever sit that tall. I've got my Wrangler for the rougher trails, I doubt I'll go over a 31" tire on this one. Looks good and a lot of fun though!

WJCO

Meme King
I love my WJ Overland...With a little time and money they can some of the best offroad rigs

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good looking rig. :thumb:

Nice, mine probably won't ever sit that tall. I've got my Wrangler for the rougher trails, I doubt I'll go over a 31" tire on this one. Looks good and a lot of fun though!

FYI, you can fit 32 inch JK tires and wheels on these fairly easily and they can be had on Craigslist for a good price.

GraniteCrystal

Speaking of 32" JK tires and wheels, I know a guy selling some beauuutiful Rubicon wheels and KO2s that would look KILLER on your rig. (Did I over sell it?)

Need to be a 5x5 bolt pattern

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Good looking rig. :thumb:

FYI, you can fit 32 inch JK tires and wheels on these fairly easily and they can be had on Craigslist for a good price.
Hmmm... I said 31 because I was under the impression that was the largest tire that would fit in the spare tire well. I haven't found a desirable way to carry the spare outside, not all of us can fab up our own ;) (do you have a thread on that?) That and I don't have the money to re-gear and the tires will need to happen soon.
Speaking of 32" JK tires and wheels, I know a guy selling some beauuutiful Rubicon wheels and KO2s that would look KILLER on your rig. (Did I over sell it?)

Need to be a 5x5 bolt pattern
From what I've heard you probably have a selection to choose from :) CO is a bit of a drive though...

WJCO

Meme King
Hmmm... I said 31 because I was under the impression that was the largest tire that would fit in the spare tire well. I haven't found a desirable way to carry the spare outside, not all of us can fab up our own ;) (do you have a thread on that?) That and I don't have the money to re-gear and the tires will need to happen soon.

Yeah, you would have to have a 2 inch lift at minimum as well for 32s. I forgot about the spare tire well. We originally had our 32 on a roof rack which worked ok, but when we needed the extra room for camping gear, that's when we decided to build the rear carrier. Plus getting the tire off of the roof was heavy also. I'd be happy to start a thread on that tire carrier build if you want, I do have the pictures somewhere.

longarmwj

Depending on if you're okay cutting you can fit 32s with no lift. We made a set of 32s fit on my buddies WJ with no lift. However, the lift would for sure help it perform best

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Yeah, you would have to have a 2 inch lift at minimum as well for 32s. I forgot about the spare tire well. We originally had our 32 on a roof rack which worked ok, but when we needed the extra room for camping gear, that's when we decided to build the rear carrier. Plus getting the tire off of the roof was heavy also. I'd be happy to start a thread on that tire carrier build if you want, I do have the pictures somewhere.

Yeah I thought about the roof, but my wife will be driving also and there's no way the spare would do her any good up there. At least in it's stock location she could drag it out in an emergency :) A 2-3 inch lift is probably in store either way. I'm sure the tire carrier would make a great read. It looks great on the back of yours!

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Depending on if you're okay cutting you can fit 32s with no lift. We made a set of 32s fit on my buddies WJ with no lift. However, the lift would for sure help it perform best

It'll probably be getting a small (2 or 3") lift either way. I'll avoid the cutting unless I have serious issues.

jamesrw30

I went with a 3 inch lift and running 31's no trimming. I don't have a full size spare yet but pretty interested to see if it fits in the spare well.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I went with a 3 inch lift and running 31's no trimming. I don't have a full size spare yet but pretty interested to see if it fits in the spare well.

That's good to hear. Stock wheels and/or spacers?

When I pull the trigger I'll let you know how it works out with the spare. :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
That's good to hear. Stock wheels and/or spacers?

When I pull the trigger I'll let you know how it works out with the spare. :thumb:

Make sure before buying the tire that you also measure the width of the tire vs the depth of the well on the vehicle. At the bottom it curves in a little and isn't the same diameter as the top.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Make sure before buying the tire that you also measure the width of the tire vs the depth of the well on the vehicle. At the bottom it curves in a little and isn't the same diameter as the top.

Good to know!

Top Bottom