Jk 6 speed manual problem

Peterzampa1

Everything was working fine before I went on a 4 hour drive where I sat at 120km/h-75m/h (which sat just over 3000rpm) I noticed ththe odd time that I changed from 6th to 5th the clutch wasn't feeling the same. When I finally reached the suburbs I found it really hard to change gears. Has anyone experienced this before?

Wert7676

I had to replace my slave cylinder on the clutch at low miles maybe 50k. I had similar problems and it finally quit on me at work. I had to start it in gear and granny shift home. Once I got it home I found clear fluid leaking at the bell housing and engine. There is a small slit between them. The clutch slave and break fluid share the same reservoir. Open the cap and u will see one side is empty or low. Assuming u have the same problem.

austin160

I had a customer satisfaction recall on my 16 six speed with the shift lever they said it could make gear selection hard or not be able to use some gears at all

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I had the same. That recall was for the bushing that holds the shifter into the transmission. Some were not properly bonded by the manufacturer. The shifter would feel really sloppy, and then you would be able to actually pull it up out of the transmission.

pedroj14

Sounds possible that the master or slave cylinder went. When you say it didn't feel the same, was it soft?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I replaced my slave cylinder at around 50K miles. Usually it gets increasingly hard to shifts gears and eventually the clutch is very soft.

It's a $140 part and easy to replace, issue is having to bleed the system.

I would check the brake fluid level just as a precaution since the fluid is shared between the brakes and the clutch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom