Winch line dampeners?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

Dwkmaster

He didn't tension it completely to show what happens when the winch line gets slack and then re tensions the rear floor mats on my jku are 2 small little mats would be less effective than the fronts he demonstrated

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I don't use one and I know I probably should. With that being said, I've never seen a line break in person but I still make sure everyone is clear when I winch. The ankle weights are a good idea.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I went out and spent money on the ARB winch blanket. I usually keep two rocks in the back of the Jeep to put in the pockets to weight it down. I know I could have simply used an old sweatshirt, but this looks cooler. :blush:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I don't use one and I know I probably should. With that being said, I've never seen a line break in person but I still make sure everyone is clear when I winch. The ankle weights are a good idea.

I do the same. Get everybody at least back past another vehicle while I winch from inside my Jeep and sit low. Still using a moving blanket over the line as well. The blankets come in handy in so many situations too: line dampeners, work blanket so you don't have to lay in the dirt or lose stuff, cover for gear in the back of the Jeep so people can't look through the windows as everything, also when you need to stuff something between objects.

Build Thread - "Jenny"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?41740-The-build-of-Jenny&highlight=build jenny

Top Bottom