BJ (Ball Joint) advice

deezus

Well, ball joints are gone again. These are Synergy. Need some advice on which ones to get, my buddy Has Prosteer and swears by them. What say you? My goal is not a lifetime set as from what I've read and prove I've talked to that might be a pipe dream. Prosteer can be rebuilt on the vehicle. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Everyone that I've heard of running the ProSteers loves them and have lasted longer than their competitors. I've only had them a short time and it's not a daily driver so I can't really comment on them other than my steering seemed to be a ton smoother.

deezus

Everyone that I've heard of running the ProSteers loves them and have lasted longer than their competitors. I've only had them a short time and it's not a daily driver so I can't really comment on them other than my steering seemed to be a ton smoother.
Well it's settled then, Prosteer it is. I was gonna change my front axles too so might as well do that at the same time. I heard Harbor Freight sells a ball joint press kit, anyone use that and have a link or part number? Ty

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I would stay away from the harbor freight version. In my opinion it's worth either renting a set from autozone/advance auto or even better buying a quality press like the otc set. Only 20 bucks or so more than the harbor freight one and miles stronger. My .02

Jeepfan30

I used an AutoZone BJ press last weekend to replace mine. It didn't come with the angled adapter, so I had to use the stacked washer trick to make sure the top BJ pressed in straight. I went with Dana Spicer BJ's only because I didn't want to put $600 BJ's in my D30. My stock ones had 35K on them, they weren't too bad, bottom ones were worse than the top.

deezus

I used an AutoZone BJ press last weekend to replace mine. It didn't come with the angled adapter, so I had to use the stacked washer trick to make sure the top BJ pressed in straight. I went with Dana Spicer BJ's only because I didn't want to put $600 BJ's in my D30. My stock ones had 35K on them, they weren't too bad, bottom ones were worse than the top.
If I was gonna buy a kit what would be a good complete one?

Top Bottom