Another suspension question

I have been looking at my planned suspension upgrade and have what may be a strange question..

Is there any way to buy the parts piece by piece? I am not saying to install as I buy but more of a 'look honey I didn't spend $4k at once'

Looking at either EVO or rock krawler (I hear the warranty really is no questions asked)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Pretty sure they'll sell you as much or as little as you need. Just look at what's included in the kit you're interested in and price out the pieces. You may find there's stuff you don't need to buy if you already have it from whatever kit you have now.

On the other hand, I would guess that it's cheaper to buy the package if you're starting from scratch.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

I definitely get the package savings, just makes it easier to buy one part at a time. Don't really want to explain a divorce after three months if I drain the bank accounr

pbeabout

It sure is possible. If you plan it right, you can do it in stages with each part making things ready for the next. Take a look at the kit you want and work up a plan.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
It might help to know what you're looking at buying. Some parts have to work together to make sure you don't break something else or end up with a dangerous vehicle on the road.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As others have mentioned, sure, you can buy things piece by piece but depending on what you're wanting to do, it might be a good idea to get a few pieces at the same time. That way you can actually use them instead of just having them sit out in the garage until you can afford to get more.

jesse3638

Hooked
Honestly it's probably better you discuss your plan with your wife. Show her how much it'll cost. You at have to make her see it from your perspective. If you don't have the funds on hand start saving and buy it all at once. As Eddie mentioned no need to spend money on something just to have it sit until you get another part so you can install it. Unless there is a great deal then it may be a good idea to jump on it.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

RUBIBLUE

Lift kit piece by piece

I have been looking at my planned suspension upgrade and have what may be a strange question..

Is there any way to buy the parts piece by piece? I am not saying to install as I buy but more of a 'look honey I didn't spend $4k at once'

Looking at either EVO or rock krawler (I hear the warranty really is no questions asked)

Thanks!

As already mentioned, you can by your parts piece by piece as I did, but make sure to take the time to research for quality differences in the parts companies offer, don't go with the cheap crap, stick with the brands that others with experience use. They may cost more, but there is a reason... better made. Also plan it out, know what you need to keep your suspension geometry correct, best option for driveshaft clearance issues and so on. Good luck and enjoy the adventure:crazyeyes:

black pearl

Hooked
I guess I got lucky with my wife who grew up Desert wheeling I took her up to the rubicon and now she "gets it" the door for moods is wide open ... but I would talk with her instead of trying to sneak stuff past a little at a time

Top Bottom