Mickey Thompson tires?

equinn86

Kind of new to all this, not sure if I'm posting in the right place. Looking for thoughts on Mickey Thompson MTZ tires. Thoughts on price and quality? Are there better tires out there. Any info helps thanks.

Sent from my P008 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAYALIFE! There are as many opinions on tires as there are tires out there. Likely you will want to tell folks where, what kind of trails, build goals to help those in the know help you. You may also want give us a wave and everyone likes pics too!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DMF

Kind of new to all this, not sure if I'm posting in the right place. Looking for thoughts on Mickey Thompson MTZ tires. Thoughts on price and quality? Are there better tires out there. Any info helps thanks.

I'm running them right now and have put about 20k miles on them. They handle very well on the streets, rain OK, snow they were great. I've had Toyo Open Country and BFG KM2's before and wouldn't hesitate to buy these MTZ's again. BTW, I'm not a crazy rock crawler guy or hard core off-roader either.

Last edited:

equinn86

I would say I'm going to do some light off roading for now since its still my every day driver. I'm not looking to go wild yet. Most likely going to have a 2 inch lift and run 33s with it.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I have them on my 4 door in a 35, price was comparable to others in that size, good traction on dry, wet, and snow covered. Not sure how they would handle heavy rocks though. Good all around tire so far and balance well.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

srbell0585

I ran the mtz's in 35's before I moved up. I liked them a lot. They were great in the rocks, snow, on the street and in the rain. I put 30k miles on them and they still had half tread when I sold them. I wouldn't hesitate to run them.

Sent from my SM-N910T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Erockhopper

I decided on the ATZ P3 and initially felt they ran stiff especially for a hybrid. After reading about tire pressure and running them at about 30 psi I have really liked them. I believe the compound on the MTZ is the same. If that is true, I have run mine for about 10k and haven't noticed any unusual wear and would run them again for sure. They have been fantastic in snow and rain, I have also run them on the rocks and they did great!

They do seem to be listed on the pricey side, but I have found some good deals on the internet and my local discount tire price matched.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom