Fab fours fenders???

tkettle

I am running 40s with a 5.5" RK lift, and I want to go LCG... thinking about going to 4" springs and either fender deletes (like Ace) or a full high fender like the fab fours... I don't particularly like the look of the fab fours, but I want more uptravel and would prefer to have fender coverage... anyone have any real world experience with these??? ...thoughts??? IMG_0796.JPG IMG_2080.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
^^ [emoji23][emoji23].. personally I have no experience with the fab fours but would say the look wouldn't be worth like likely minimal gain, I don't know but I'd imagine you might start hitting other things before those fenders

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hope you're planning to run new shorter shocks with your new shorter coils. If you don't, you're gonna bottom them out. Also, you aren't gonna get any more up travel unless you relocate the upper shock mount and run bump stop extensions that are shorter than you should be running.

tkettle

I hope you're planning to run new shorter shocks with your new shorter coils. If you don't, you're gonna bottom them out. Also, you aren't gonna get any more up travel unless you relocate the upper shock mount and run bump stop extensions that are shorter than you should be running.

Thanks for the info, had planned on shorter shocks and remove a portion of the stacked bump stops that I have, but I didn't think about relocating the upper mounts... if I raise the upper mounts, could I potentially use the same shocks???

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info, had planned on shorter shocks and remove a portion of the stacked bump stops that I have, but I didn't think about relocating the upper mounts... if I raise the upper mounts, could I potentially use the same shocks???

Potentially, yes but running less bump stop extension than is intended for the amount of lift you have would mean that you'll more than likely over compress your coils. In other words, you'll compress them to the point where they go solid or will no longer return to their original height. A 4" lift should have about 4" of bump stop extension.

Top Bottom