Finally to a stopping place...for now

BagEnd

Well I've finally finished phase 1 of my Jeep build. I intend to use it mostly for trails in southwestern Colorado and occasional over landing trips into Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico. First thing was to add an auxiliary transmission cooler and a trail dash to monitor transmission temps and make future tire and axle corrections. I then changed the fenders to accommodate 35 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on the Level 8 version of a soft 8. Next up was a Rock Hard oil pan skid and Nemesis front bumper along with a Warn winch coupled with synthetic rope. When I ordered winch rope I noticed it would be cheaper to order longer line and cut it giving me sufficient line on the drum and enough leftover to build an extension than it would be to buy them separate. That was a fun little project and learned how to do splices and repairs in the process. I then bogarted some ideas from this forum using rubber hose to extend my spare tire bump stops, which has worked really well so far. The last thing I've done is having a local shop weld on lower control arm skids and c-gussets since I don't know how to weld yet. Other than those I've managed to do all installs myself and hope to keep it that way as much as possible. I've had her for about 9-months now and have wheeled her stock on Corkscrew, various sections of Alpine Loop, Imogene Pass, and Porphyry Gulch. Since finishing the mods listed here I've only been able to do some partially snow covered forest roads around Montrose and roads in Dominguez and Escalante Canyon. My next steps will be to add a small lift. I'm considering either the Evo Leveling Kit or the new Rancho 2" Sport System with all four springs and shocks. Still very undecided here so any feedback would be helpful on where I go next with it. Thanks to Wayalife for all the helpful information that has influenced my build so far. Snapseed.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Awesome, those are really good steps to a Phase I. I wish I was as methodical as you were when I was planning from the beginning...you could refer to my build as "flying a kite", all over the freaking place.

Top Bottom