Rear driveshaft question.

Nic Try

So the only damage this weekend at TDS was my rear driveshaft boot. Is it worth repairing or just replace it now?

I'm running 4" of lift (Ev0) with 37's. and I've already done the front DS with a JE Reel-

Should I just go ahead and replace it now? Its seems like that boot will be a regular issue if I just fix it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you're hurting for cash, having a torn boot won't leave you stranded by the side of the road or at least, not for a while. If you can afford it, I would just use the opportunity to upgrade now.

Nic Try

What Eddie said and with nothing less than a 1350..;)

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks guys,

Its not a money thing, just don't wanna spend $$$ where it's not needed, I've done that few times already...

I felt fixing it would just allow it to happen again, so a new DS it is. And yes on the 1350's I did that on the front one when EVO installed that JE real one.

Appreciate the sanity check

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ive been running on a torn boot for about a year now have not had any problems with it

You will. If it hasn't already, the slip shaft will start to seize up and prevent smooth movement. This will eventually cause your rzeppa joints to fail. Not like I've ever seen this happen in the last 10 years though.

bekel

You will. If it hasn't already, the slip shaft will start to seize up and prevent smooth movement. This will eventually cause your rzeppa joints to fail. Not like I've ever seen this happen in the last 10 years though.
have a new adams with 1350's in box I bought front an rear when my front failed at 13k miles just waiting for the back to go to switch it out

JeepJeep75

have a new adams with 1350's in box I bought front an rear when my front failed at 13k miles just waiting for the back to go to switch it out

Why wait and have it potentially harm other parts like your pinion bearings and TC output bearings? These bearings get pulled on and pushed against every time you hit a bump because your driveshaft can't shorten and lengthen smoothly as you drive.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rocralr

Rear driveshaft

Hello. That happened to me. I tore the boot off the rear drive shaft. I tried to order just the boot and was told the boot was not available. So I upgraded.:D

Top Bottom