Confusing to buy ball joints.

tkkim

I worry about my stock ball joints with 34" tire and wheel spacer..
So I look quadratec to buy prosteer ball joints. And it cost around 250$.

does it include just one balljoints?

So do i need four of upper and lower ball joints which is gonna charge almost 1000$ just for front?

tkkim

Almost 100% certain that's for each side so an upper and lower set. I can tell you this if you've ever replaced them the cost to get a set you don't have to replace makes it well worth it! ;)

Wow.. You're right it's worth it.. But so expensive..

2k to replace front and rear...

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I just bought the Alloy USA chromoly ball joints for $160 complete. I figured I can buy 5 sets of these for the price of the Prosteer. I think they were like $700 complete at Northridge.

tkkim

What Moochie said. You only need them up front and really, there's nothing better out there. These will be the last set of ball joints you will ever need to get.

o sorry i'm confusing..

so you mean, I need ball joints just for front because front got more stress than rear? or because rear does not have ball joints?

heybob

Look on YouTube for how to replace a jeep ball joint. It will give you an idea of what the part is and what is involved. There is also a good write up in this forum that will help. They are not hard to replace, but some mechanical knowledge and a good tool box are required. I did my jk last month with synergy ball joints. From the sounds of things the prosteers might be overkill for your rig. If you have the money of course get the best. However, if you wheel a few times a year and its mostly a DD then alloy USA or synergy will work just fine.

Of course all are Much better than stock.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Top Bottom