EVO ENFORCER 4 in or Currie ROCK JOCK 4in

PHX JK

I'm torn between a 4 in Currie Rock Jock Lift Kit or a 4in EVO Enforcer Kit. I realize they both use the Johnny Joints.
From what I gather the EVO has Great Springs and the lower front arms are easier to adjust.
The Currie kit looks more Complete and I think the Steering flip kits are nicer.
This kit will go on a 4 door 17 Rubicon with 35 in Tires and stock fenders. May go 37s later but
we will save that for a later date.

Also how about the Enforcer kit with the rest of the arms from Currie. They seem to
be almost the same thing. Thanks in advance
PHX JK

Last edited:
J

JKDream

I'm torn between a 4 in Currie Rock Jock Lift Kit or a 4in EVO Enforcer Kit. I realize they both use the Johnny Joints.
From what I gather the EVO has Great Springs and the lower front arms are easier to adjust.
The Currie kit looks more Complete and I think the Steering flip kits are nicer.
This kit will go on a 4 door 17 Rubicon with 35 in Tires and stock fenders. May go 37s later but
we will save that for a later date.

Also like the title says how about the Enforcer kit with the rest of the arms from Currie. They seem to
be almost the same thing. Thanks in advance
PHX JK

They're both pretty much the same thing - however you don't NEED all eight control arms which you are paying quite a bit more for.
I'd personally go EVO and use the extra money to buy a quality set of shocks.

aermotor

I'm running the 4" Enforcer kit with King 2.5s and the other 6 arms from Currie (although I found out later you can get 8 short arms from EVO). Sure, people say you don't "need" them, but I like to have control and get my axle dialed in. Also have 1350 Adam's driveshafts on 37s and EVO draglink flip. I am partial to EVO.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned you only need the front lower control arms to get your caster dialed in when you lift a Jeep. The other 6 arms are not needed. The least you would need is rear upper arms and that's only if you put an aftermarket driveshaft on.

I would get the enforcer and use the extra money on a front driveshaft since you will need it at that height.

Here is a pic of sheaffadelic's Jeep on the 4" enforcer with 37's and stock bumpers and fenders
IMG_6937.jpg

PHX JK

Haven't shopped every vendor but

As mentioned you only need the front lower control arms to get your caster dialed in when you lift a Jeep. The other 6 arms are not needed. The least you would need is rear upper arms and that's only if you put an aftermarket driveshaft on.

I would get the enforcer and use the extra money on a front driveshaft since you will need it at that height.

Here is a pic of sheaffadelic's Jeep on the 4" enforcer with 37's and stock bumpers and fenders
View attachment 247206

EVO rear uppers $450.99
http://www.evomfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_36_37&product_id=272

Currie Rear Uppers $329.99
http://www.currieenterprises.com/CE-9807RUA

The Curries seem to be priced lower for the same thing. I like the Idea of getting the Enforcer and the rear Currie Upper Arms. I do want front and rear
Aftermarket 1350 driveshafts.
PHX JK

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have personally installed and tested both and can tell you that the Currie kit does come more complete but I'd say it's debatable as to whether or not you actually need all that it comes with. As you know, the control arms are great just like EVO but I am not a fan of their coils as they tend to yield way more than 4" up front, have an ass down stance in the rear and while they do offer nice droop, they don't stuff worth anything. Also, I really hate the fact that it comes with a dropped pitman arm as opposed to a drag link filp too.

PHX JK

I have personally installed and tested both and can tell you that the Currie kit does come more complete but I'd say it's debatable as to whether or not you actually need all that it comes with. As you know, the control arms are great just like EVO but I am not a fan of their coils as they tend to yield way more than 4" up front, have an ass down stance in the rear and while they do offer nice droop, they don't stuff worth anything. Also, I really hate the fact that it comes with a dropped pitman arm as opposed to a drag link filp too.

Yeah I like the flipped draglinks too. I plan on going flipped draglink straight away. With the Enforcer I can afford to flip the steering right way.

rcdude3

I ran the Currie kit for a couple years and switched to the EVO 4" Plush springs (but kept the rest of the Currie kit on) due to the fact the Currie springs were too stiff for me.

MTG

Caught the Bug

View attachment 247206

Agree on the control arms, but how does he not rub the shit out of his front bumper and fenders. :idontknow:

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Agree on the control arms, but how does he not rub the shit out of his front bumper and fenders. :idontknow:

On full stuff while turning he rubs only slightly up front. The front bumper we trimmed the backside of it so it doesn't rub while on the road. For the trail he has a stubby front he puts on which you can see it's on in this pic

Top Bottom