rock sliders question

Franck

Hi guys,
i am currently shopping for what will become Cheetah's rock sliders ... i can see many products and styles, bolt-on, welded etc ...

actually what would be the best protecting option : welded on the frame like the EVO ones or bolted on the body like the Poison spyder ones ?
those are the 2 i like the most from their look ;)

thanks in advance !

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I'd like to someday get the Evo sliders. But I have the Evo rocker armor skins with my stock Rubi rails and it gives me great protection. No longer will the stock rails push up into the body, the Evo armor stops that from happening. I think it looks good and simple too.

Attachments

• image-2690524598.jpg
    image-2690524598.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 79

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,
i am currently shopping for what will become Cheetah's rock sliders ... i can see many products and styles, bolt-on, welded etc ...

actually what would be the best protecting option : welded on the frame like the EVO ones or bolted on the body like the Poison spyder ones ?
those are the 2 i like the most from their look ;)

thanks in advance !

the poison spyder rocker guards look great but, i have seen them get bent up from hits and enough so that you couldn't even open the doors. if you're not doing a lot of hard rock crawling, they'd be fine. otherwise, you really can't beat the EVO sliders. they can take a real beating - trust me :D

Franck

thanks Highoctane :thumb:

they can take a real beating - trust me :D

LOL ... i surely will trust you on this one after what i've seen from your vids :D
also i was not really sure of a system that bolts on the body, it should probably harm the body one day or the other :thinking:

now : where to find those EVO rock Sliders here in Canada ? :thinking:

Steel Rain

hi guys,
i am currently shopping for what will become cheetah's rock sliders ... I can see many products and styles, bolt-on, welded etc ...

Actually what would be the best protecting option : Welded on the frame like the evo ones or bolted on the body like the poison spyder ones ?
Those are the 2 i like the most from their look ;)

thanks in advance !

IMG_0339.jpg evo baby!!!

Indefatigable

Buy direct and ship to a drop point on the US side. Then go get them. There must be alot near you. Here in BC, we have several within walking distance of each border crossing. Ours go by the name Ship Happens, The Letter Carrier, etc.

You must have something similar.

Don't do UPS for cross border shipments.

I have shipped to a drop point almost half my Jeep. Suspension, t-case, armour, tires, wheels, etc.

Quebec can't be all that far from a crossing?

Hightower

Shipping

thanks Highoctane :thumb:

LOL ... i surely will trust you on this one after what i've seen from your vids :D
also i was not really sure of a system that bolts on the body, it should probably harm the body one day or the other :thinking:

talk with Jake at EVO directly phone number is 714-870-5515 he will look after you..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone got a pair that will work on an 87 XJ? :doh:

i'd give evo a call and see if there's a way to make them work. i know they do custom orders from time to time to meet specifications that the customer needs.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
yeah, working with a unibody can be tough. what would you recommend for a good XJ rocker guard?

Now that i think about it, the unibody is thick and would work decent for a weld on rocker IMO. I just have not seen many of them. Its always a junk yard build on an XJ:D

Tigrcky

ok well i have found some online and may just order them. putting them on wont be that hard i work at a shop and have access to a lift compressor and all kinds of fun toys! err i mean tools ;)

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I'd get a set of subframe connectors and tie the sliders into them on an XJ. Def stiffen up the chassis.

Tigrcky

the sub frame set up is fully connected and i actually havent had any problems with scraping even when i did cliff hanging awhile back. i am just equipping them to meet the team requirements. :twocents:

pastorwug

So, you have to weld the Evo sliders on? Welding to the frame I suppose after they have been powder coated whatever color you want. Does the Evo shop do this for you if you buy from the there?

BONDSY

So, you have to weld the Evo sliders on? Welding to the frame I suppose after they have been powder coated whatever color you want. Does the Evo shop do this for you if you buy from the there?

Yes they do mount to the frame, and need to be welded.They come powder coated black, I don't know if they will powder coat in any color though...but you can order them in bare steel and have them coated locally in your area I suppose. Order direct from EVO.:yup:

Top Bottom