Trail tools

jtrubicon47

It seems like there has been a few posts on this topic. I have the recovery gear to get un stuck. High lift jack. Bottle jack. Air compressor. Tree strap. Chains. Small tool set- basic craftsman. I know need larger wrenches. Jug oil. Wd40. Duct tape. Rope. Collapsible shovel. Bunji cords. Advanced First aid kit. Flash lights. What else? Seems like I don't have enough or missing some big items...

Need install my cb and antenna. Any good spots?

Any good tire flat/valve stem repair kits out there to purchase as kit?

Trying to finish building my tackle box for more trips.

Please post any good ideas. Thanks jtrubicon!

MTG

Caught the Bug
It seems like there has been a few posts on this topic. I have the recovery gear to get un stuck. High lift jack. Bottle jack. Air compressor. Tree strap. Chains. Small tool set- basic craftsman. I know need larger wrenches. Jug oil. Wd40. Duct tape. Rope. Collapsible shovel. Bunji cords. Advanced First aid kit. Flash lights. What else? Seems like I don't have enough or missing some big items...

Need install my cb and antenna. Any good spots?

Any good tire flat/valve stem repair kits out there to purchase as kit?

Trying to finish building my tackle box for more trips.

Please post any good ideas. Thanks jtrubicon!

Might need to post up what CB and antenna to get recommendations on mounting location.

ARB makes a tire repair kit.

Spill kit.

If you want to be self sufficient, you will need to tools necessary to work on your jeep and the spare parts to replace the broken ones. This will vary based on your specific build. There was a good thread about trail tools previously.

I have two fire extinguishers (as required for JKX), but one is better than none. :thumb:

Jersey_Devil

Might need to post up what CB and antenna to get recommendations on mounting location.

ARB makes a tire repair kit.

Spill kit.

If you want to be self sufficient, you will need to tools necessary to work on your jeep and the spare parts to replace the broken ones. This will vary based on your specific build. There was a good thread about trail tools previously.

I have two fire extinguishers (as required for JKX), but one is better than none. :thumb:

2 extinguishers is always a good thing.... Keep a blanket and sweater in there in case you can't fix ur jeep and ur stuck overnight on the trail.... Waterproof matches,and a compass as well

in4low

Extra water and small disposable air horn is good. They can be herd for a long distance or even from the air like a search aircraft

JUNKYARD DOG

-High quality tire pressure gauge (oil filled dial) and air down tools.
-CO2 Tank or on board air and a ratchet strap can pop a bead back on a rim in seconds... or run air tools. Airing down is not only good for traction but also it will prevent wear and tear to your suspension components. Smoother ride on the trail none the less.
-Pulleys, shackles, and tree straps to get more power out of your winch. (or less work for the winch)
-Large Pelican case (air and water tight) to keep your gear, tools and extra fluids in. Easy to ratchet strap every thing down in one box in case you roll over or get into an accident.
-kinetic tow rope
-Large pry bar
-Work gloves
-Sealing compound or patches for leaks or punctures
-The kitchen sink......and the know how to use the tools you bring.

Hellfire

Practice...i'm replacing my front drive line u-joints with whatever is in my jeep. I just found out I need to carry a 8mm socket & 1/4" ratchet to pull the drive line off...

zip04

As for the practice - I do all work on my jeep myself (install lift, etc.) so that I know what it takes and how to do the work in case I need to repair anything.

biggy

For removal of front axle shafts you need a 13mm 12 point wrench and socket . 8mm 12 point wrench and socket for front driveshaft

Top Bottom