Anyone running a PR44 unlimited housing on 2.5-3 inches of lift?

jorgelrod

Hooked
After speaking with the guys at Dynatrac, it turns out that the housing I ordered is an unlimited housing and not the standard housing. The shop was told Transamerican, their supplier that the order was already placed to Dynatrac so when I called back the guys at Dynatrac they told me I would just need adjustable control arms to adjust for the extra caster. I've already ordered some adj. Control arms but was wondering if anybody out there is running an unlimited housing on a 2.5 lift, my measured 3" last night when I rechecked.

Experience and pointers welcome...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
After speaking with the guys at Dynatrac, it turns out that the housing I ordered is an unlimited housing and not the standard housing. The shop was told Transamerican, their supplier that the order was already placed to Dynatrac so when I called back the guys at Dynatrac they told me I would just need adjustable control arms to adjust for the extra caster. I've already ordered some adj. Control arms but was wondering if anybody out there is running an unlimited housing on a 2.5 lift, my measured 3" last night when I rechecked.

Experience and pointers welcome...

The unlimited housing is half inch thick tubes as opposed to 5/16" . The additional caster option is another addition. So Dynatrac confirmed that you also got the added caster? If that is the case I'm nearly positive you need to set your caster somewhere around 6 or 6.5 degrees positive. I'll post a picture in a second of what this means.

IMG_20170223_204224_729.jpg

Last edited:

jorgelrod

Hooked
Yes, they told me that JK44-1X3010-X is the unlimited housing with extra caster, that the one that is 1/2" with OEM caster was JK44-1X3010-V.

I figure with ACAs I'm good but I want to make sure I cover all my bases. This is one of those cry once kinda deals and I already filled my quota of mistakes with choosing the extra caster housing

Coop

Caught the Bug
I have a black belt in overthinking... [emoji23][emoji23]

I went through the same over thinking part. The axle will have 4*. I used EVO LCAs which would not shorten to the original factory LCA length. Added 2.5* more. I talked to both Dynatrac and EVO and they both said I was overthinking it. They were right. No problems. My lift is sitting at 3 inches also.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I went through the same over thinking part. The axle will have 4*. I used EVO LCAs which would not shorten to the original factory LCA length. Added 2.5* more. I talked to both Dynatrac and EVO and they both said I was overthinking it. They were right. No problems. My lift is sitting at 3 inches also.

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

rubiconrunner

I have the unlimited housing and I had a bow in my springs from not having adj control arms. Now of course the distributor said it wasn't their fault and would not pony up for the mistake since my suspension needed more adjustability...... I clearly stated what my lift was and they still pushed the unlimited housing on me. When I reached out to dynatrac they stated that was the wrong axle for my lift.... soooo now I have adj control arms

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have the unlimited housing and I had a bow in my springs from not having adj control arms. Now of course the distributor said it wasn't their fault and would not pony up for the mistake since my suspension needed more adjustability...... I clearly stated what my lift was and they still pushed the unlimited housing on me. When I reached out to dynatrac they stated that was the wrong axle for my lift.... soooo now I have adj control arms [/url]

Do you guys have some pics??

Top Bottom