Advice from those IT savvy Jeepers

Hope this doesn't sound like a silly question, I analyze everything...tried to pick the best forum page to post.

I had to replace my smart phone this week, then got looking into updating my smartphone password vault / keeper.

Two paths, keep them local on each device, or take a leap of faith and store them in a cloud based application, and share them across multiple devices and pc.

Any guidance on security and apps would be helpful. Pros and cons both ways I guess....should I embrace the cloud? Haha

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

JRUnlimited

The cloud is great in the event you need to recover from a disaster. However, be very careful of whose cloud your putting stuff in and what level of security is being applied. Don't assume because its Google or Apple they must be using uber encryption. The safest bet when using the cloud is to encrypt things on your local device and then push to the cloud.

Thanks everyone. I will embrace the cloud, but, to JR UNLIMITED point....encrypt then push to the cloud. This makes sense to, just reading up on various apps, looks like Lastpass does just this....

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom