Led bar switched with fog lights

davidc128

Ive got a 21" light bar on my front bumper and im wanting to switch it with my fog lights i know that ill need a relay to stop the flicker but am confused on where to set the relay. At the fog lights ive got a white and a black wire(switchleg and ground) how do i track down the hot to the switch or is there a way to intercept the switch leg to stop the flicker?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

Seems easy enough. Just use the fog light wires to power up the relay coil. Then run a fresh, fused wire from the battery, switched through the relay to the light bar. I need to do the same with my JW fogs. Even though the fogs have built in anti-flicker, they still flicker slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

raven12

I read that even with using a relay, that you'll get a flicker and/or the relay will be making weird sounds, unless you still have the stock fogs hooked up as well. Comp doesn't see enough resistance and stars to modulate it.

davidc128

Seems easy enough. Just use the fog light wires to power up the relay coil. Then run a fresh, fused wire from the battery, switched through the relay to the light bar. I need to do the same with my JW fogs. Even though the fogs have built in anti-flicker, they still flicker slowly.

Thanks man i think u hit the nail on the head. It makes since now thanks!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

I read that even with using a relay, that you'll get a flicker and/or the relay will be making weird sounds, unless you still have the stock fogs hooked up as well. Comp doesn't see enough resistance and stars to modulate it.

Interesting.. I'll have to try running a relay off the fog wire lead. I never thought about the noise it might make.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
On my 2012 I ran a 21" bar with a relay triggered from my fogs, it worked great. I then switch to a 2015 and had issues where the relay would buzz and not work properly. I talked to the vendor and they said they have had this issue with different jeeps from different years, sadly it all depends on the jeep. You can find a plug to tie into the oem wiring instead of splicing anything.

Top Bottom