Build list

bear996

not really a build I don't guess, but here's what I have planned in the next 6 months or so after we pay off my wifes '15 Fusion.

'14 JKR X
2.5" Skyjacker (came on it...coming off quick)
Rubi X stock wheels (love em for now until beadlockers in a year or so, more for looks than function for me though)
33" Nitta Trail Grapplers
Smittybuilt front and rear bumpers
Smittybuilt 10000lb winch

I'm not sure about any other mods done, as I just bought the Jeep, but from looking underneath everything else is stock.

Evo Enforcer 3" Lift
Fox 2.0 Shocks
Evo No Limits Sway Bar Disconnect
On Board Air Compressor-Looking at brands now, haven't settled on one
Axle Gussets
Hi-Lift Jack and Mount
Mirror Relocation Bracket
A few hood LED pods

This is likely going to be a one fail swoop of a build, instead of a little at a time just go all in and dump about $5000 at it and be done.
What else needs to be done? Jeep won't be a hard off road rig, more overlanding than anything. Will do some light mudding and trail riding but mostly daily driver with road trips to different locations from time to time (Las Cruses, Moab, Big Bend etc). I don't plan on hitting the insane trails at any of the places, again more of an over landing daily driver rig.

Last edited:

2Cross

Caught the Bug
not really a build I don't guess, but here's what I have planned in the next 6 months or so after we pay off my wifes '15 Fusion.

'14 JKR X
2.5" Skyjacker (came on it...coming off quick)
Rubi X stock wheels (love em for now until beadlockers in a year or so, more for looks than function for me though)
33" Nitta Trail Grapplers
Smittybuilt front and rear bumpers
Smittybuilt 10000lb winch

I'm not sure about any other mods done, as I just bought the Jeep, but from looking underneath everything else is stock.

Evo Enforcer 3" Lift
Fox 2.0 Shocks
Evo No Limits Sway Bar Disconnect
On Board Air Compressor-Looking at brands now, haven't settled on one
Axle Gussets
Hi-Lift Jack and Mount
Mirror Relocation Bracket
A few hood LED pods

This is likely going to be a one fail swoop of a build, instead of a little at a time just go all in and dump about $5000 at it and be done.
What else needs to be done? Jeep won't be a hard off road rig, more overlanding than anything. Will do some light mudding and trail riding but mostly daily driver with road trips to different locations from time to time (Las Cruses, Moab, Big Bend etc). I don't plan on hitting the insane trails at any of the places, again more of an over landing daily driver rig.

I don't think your planned build will handle most of Las Cruces. That's buggy country in my opinion.
Moab and Big Bend doable.
I wouldn't put smittybilt bumpers or winch on my rig. I'd recommend keeping your stock bumpers if you really are over landing. Stock bumpers are light and cheap. Maybe cut the front and make it a stock stubby for approach. Go for a good winch like Warn. A smittybilt will let you down when a Warn won't.

Are in a Rubicon or X model? I didn't know what JKR X was?

I don't think you need to do much if you are just going to 33" tires as far as C gussets but I wouldn't sleeve or truss for 33" tires.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bear996

I don't think your planned build will handle most of Las Cruces. That's buggy country in my opinion.
Moab and Big Bend doable.
I wouldn't put smittybilt bumpers or winch on my rig. I'd recommend keeping your stock bumpers if you really are over landing. Stock bumpers are light and cheap. Maybe cut the front and make it a stock stubby for approach. Go for a good winch like Warn. A smittybilt will let you down when a Warn won't.

Are in a Rubicon or X model? I didn't know what JKR X was?

I don't think you need to do much if you are just going to 33" tires as far as C gussets but I wouldn't sleeve or truss for 33" tires.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah Las Cruces was gonna be a drive to...putt around on the outter skirts and bit just to say we've been. The Smittybilt stuff is already on, only reason that's there, eventually I'll upgrade to something lighter and replace the winch with a warn.
If I'm move to 35's would gussets be needed? Or still be safe on 35's for some light to medium wheeling?
And from what I was told at the dealer, in 2014 they had a Rubicon X model, came with red accents, 17" wheels (with the red jeep emblem on them), red sway bar and axle lock buttons, alpine speakers and some other things, then in 2015 was rebranded as the Hard Rock.

Top Bottom