Suspension Help

Wrangler_07

Im looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2007 JK Unlimited. I have been looking around at some lift kits but I dont know a whole lot about them and dont know what to get :idontknow: I would like to put a 2-4" lift on or just upgrade my stock suspension for a smoother ride. I need some info on my options of what to get for the best brand of lift kits/upgrade :question:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think the real question you need to be asking first is how big of a tire you want to run. That'll help determine what size lift you should run with it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well im running 265/70 R18 now if i lifted i thought about going to 34s or 35s

Okay, that helps. For a set of 35's, you'll want to run about 3" of lift. The next question you'll need to ask yourself is how much are you willing to spend?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
im wanting something that will look good and also ride good because this is my everyday driver

Right, but how much are you willing to spend? There are a plethora of kits out there and I'm sure we can help point you in the right direction based on it.

Wrangler_07

Okay, that helps. For a set of 35's, you'll want to run about 3" of lift. The next question you'll need to ask yourself is how much are you willing to spend?

i havnt really set a price range yet bc i didnt know what to look for. but i can come up with the money no matter the price

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i havnt really set a price range yet bc i didnt know what to look for. but i can come up with the money no matter the price

Okay, if that's the case, I would recommend a kit that at least provides adjustable components to address your caster and steering geometry. I personally like and would recommend the EVO MFG Enforcer kit as that would get you where you need to be and still offer one of the best rides you can get bar none. Of course, if you're to be working on a budget, I might recommend just installing a 2.5" coil spacer lift like the kind that TeraFlex makes. You can run it with shock adapters and that'll get you going for cheap. If you have an automatic and want to go 3" or even run longer shocks with a 2.5" lift, you will need to budget in for a new front drive shaft.

Top Bottom