2011 Rubicon possible ignition issue

Clowe

0312171948_HDR.jpg
So I got stuck in a mud whole yesterday and had to be pulled backwards out of it. On the ride home my instrument cluster was going crazy(lights flashing, tach and spedo not working) in the picture below while making a chime sporadically. It finally stopped 45 minutes or so. No the key fob will not unlock or lock unless it's been sitting for a couple of hours. If it sits for a couple of hours it will start, but the instrument cluster go crazy again and it will not start again. I've gone through mud before deeper than yesterday without issues. Something else that might be worth noting is my sway bar motor is fried. I think it might be the wireless control module, but I don't know what would be causing the instrument cluster to go crazy.

jeeeep

Hooked
disconnect the sway bar control module, then check the wiring around the engine and starter motor.

Clowe

disconnect the sway bar control module, then check the wiring around the engine and starter motor.
I checked all of the connections at the fuse box as well as the ecu. I walked out this morning and my key unlocked it, but wouldn't start it. I'll check the starter and disconnect the sway bar module tonight. Thanks!

J

JKDream

Keeping it simple - check your negative battery terminal. A lot of people connect wiring to the clamp that holds the terminal tight. If it is loose, you will have all of the issued you have described.

Sent from my Le X821 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clowe

It's fixed! Thank you Jeeeep! My sway bar motor was fried and was causing all kinds of short circuits. I disconnected the motor and everything works! I will install Evo's no limits sway bar this weekend!

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
It's fixed! Thank you Jeeeep! My sway bar motor was fried and was causing all kinds of short circuits. I disconnected the motor and everything works! I will install Evo's no limits sway bar this weekend!

glad to see you're back on the road.

if you take the sway bar apart, it's probably full of water and may actually still be in working shape. but if you do a lot of water crossings and the like, the EVO no limits is the way to go

Clowe

I did take the motor apart and regreassed it all. This past week. It was shorting out and draining the battery.

Top Bottom