Cant figure it out, nor can the shop.

MrEmmDubya

I have a 2012 Wrangler Sport with a manual transmission. When driving we get what feels like a sudden sharp hesitation and if you are accelerating hard its pretty violent. The problem is intermittent. Doesnt seem to matter what gear you are in or if you are going up or down an incline or the speed you are moving. Doesnt matter if its cold or warm. I have checked trans and transfer case fluid and it doesnt feel like a clutch to me.
Dropped it off at the dealer and i dont think they felt it but they decided we were having an issue with the head and low compression. Under warranty they replaced the left head stating the 6 cylinder had a miss.
Took it home and the same problem still exists.
Im at a complete loss to what it is and without the dealer feeling it im stuck........
Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated
Not sure if i put this in the right area so please let me know....... Thanks in advance for any insight.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a 2012 Wrangler Sport with a manual transmission. When driving we get what feels like a sudden sharp hesitation and if you are accelerating hard its pretty violent. The problem is intermittent. Doesnt seem to matter what gear you are in or if you are going up or down an incline or the speed you are moving. Doesnt matter if its cold or warm. I have checked trans and transfer case fluid and it doesnt feel like a clutch to me.
Dropped it off at the dealer and i dont think they felt it but they decided we were having an issue with the head and low compression. Under warranty they replaced the left head stating the 6 cylinder had a miss.
Took it home and the same problem still exists.
Im at a complete loss to what it is and without the dealer feeling it im stuck........
Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated
Not sure if i put this in the right area so please let me know....... Thanks in advance for any insight.

I'd look at the injectors, cracked spark plug, bad engine to ground connection, bad coil, faulty throttle position sensor or faulty camshaft positioning sensor.

rogerk93

I can be wrong but just thinking out loud. The fact that you are experiencing the problem at it's worse when accelerating I would think it has to do with either you are not burning the fuel properly (have you checked your spark plugs?) or it is struggling getting enough fuel (maybe fuel pump going bad).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Sounds like a misfire under load. If it doesn't happen often enough to won't throw a code. I would check plugs wires and ignition coil like suggested.

Kalums

Similar thing happened with my 06 TJ, Ended up being a short in throttle position sensor it had worn a hole in the wiring harness and was grounding out intermittently to the throttle body. Never threw a code. I'm not saying it's the same with yours but it sounds to me like a short somewhere. Also I would just do a tune up for grins a giggles like others have said.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

When you say violent hesitation in any gear it sounds more like a drivetrain or brake problem. If you were in 5th gear accelerating and the engine stuttered or misfired I don't think the hesitation would be "violent" or severe.
Could it be brakes/traction control engaging momentarily? As if your steering wheel isn't centered it could engage if it thinks your in a skid.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

LetsGoMuddin

Did the dealership offer to road test the vehicle with you? If you know how to replicate the concern, schedule an appointment to drive it with one of the techs.

Kalums

I am leaning to the tps, hopefully they can test that, cause i dont know how to.
If I remember correctly you just need a decent ohm meter. Not sure what the correct resistance(s) are/is for the current throttle position sensor(s) but I'm sure you can find it on the web somewhere.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom