Back window keeps shattering

rogerk93

So I had to replace my back window on a hard top 7 times now. For some reason it keeps on shattering randomly and I can't figure it out. Someone broke into my jeep a few weeks ago so I had to replace it since then it was changed 3 times. Any idea what can be causing it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Is it possible that something is misaligned and the glass hitting the tail gate or some area on top by the hinges. How are the rubber around the hard top itself?

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I thought it was someone who was just doing it to piss me off. But it happened once while I was sitting at a red light it just popped

That's some crazy shit. How loud was your music? ;)

Are you replacing it with cheap glass? Not all glass is made equal... Still don't know what would make it pop just sitting at a red light though. :thinking:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Going out on a limb here, but did it start before or after you installed your EVO high and tight bumper?

boardsurfer

Maybe something is misaligned, putting pressure on a corner of the glass? Is the top on square? Tailgate is square?

WJCO

Meme King
I'm thinking when they broke in, they pried on something. Take some close measurements and see if something is out of whack. I've never heard of anything like this.

jesse3638

Hooked
That's some crazy shit. How loud was your music? ;)

Are you replacing it with cheap glass? Not all glass is made equal... Still don't know what would make it pop just sitting at a red light though. :thinking:

Teraflex glass vs. US made glass...:crazyeyes: If its this its probably installer error...haha

I'm thinking when they broke in, they pried on something. Take some close measurements and see if something is out of whack. I've never heard of anything like this.

In all seriousness this ^^^this^^^. Maybe there is something trapped in the weather stripping or possibly installing it with the back glass open vs closed is causing some sort of bind. Very odd indeed.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Dman that sucks. Something might be binding. Auto glass is usually very strong and it shouldn't just pop out of nowhere.
Although the weak point of every window/glass is its perimeter edge. A slightest tap can send it exploding into a million pieces.
Just like someone mentioned check for squareness of the opening, make sure the window is not coming in contact with anything around the edges, make sure the hardware is not tightened to much.

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

Top Bottom