Rear locker light blinking

Nick Zambo

So the light comes on and goes off as I am driving with the transfer case in 2wd.

As far as I can tell the locker still works when I engage it and disengage it. Yes it has been wet lately with snow melt.

This is an OEM locker on a 2012 JKUR with about 70k miles on her.

I am wondering if any had this problem and what did you do to fix it. I plan to disconnect the connection near the housing and blow it out. What would be next if that doesn't work.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nick Zambo

Sorry about that my fault on the first comment.so have you tried to disconnect the battery for a while to see if that will work.

Sent from my XT1565 using WAYALIFE mobile app

No.

I talked to a guy who knows more than I do about the lockers.

From my understanding there is a switch that mounts into the side of the diff. This is your indicator switch that illuminates the dash light. This switch is likely faulty. He told me to back the threads off and then tighten it again. This may help loosing it up.

That said.

If I want to replace that switch. (And hope you are sitting down for this) he told me I have to pull the ring gear and locker out of the diff. He said sometimes he gets lucky and has managed to do it without pulling all that out but it's unlikely.

Hoping someone can shed more light on it.

The locker works. Just that annoying light keeps turning on.

I will give it a try this week sometime and see if its works. If not I might pull the cover and see if some break cleaner helps.

I will report back here if I find something that works.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom