PSC Hydro Assist Steering Issue

ak49

Curious if anyone has had a similar experience and what the root cause was. I've had my PSC hydro assist for about 10k miles and it's been great. Went wheeling last weekend and going up an obstacle I started getting whining noise whenever I turned the steering wheel hard right. There was no noise when I turned it hard left. I looked and didn't notice any leaks or any lines that were caught up. I'm not sure if it's my PSC pump or not. Never seen it where it only whined when the steering wheel was turned one direction and not the other. When only turning slightly right, there was no noise. I drove home and with only slight turns there was no noise, but making a 90 degree right turn resulted in a whining noise.

Last edited:

sc_rhino

Curious if anyone has had a similar experience and what the root cause was. I've had my PSC hydro assist for about 10k miles and it's been great. Went wheeling last weekend and going up an obstacle I started getting whining noise whenever I turned the steering wheel hard right. There was no noise when I turned it hard left. I looked and didn't notice any leaks or any lines that were caught up. I'm not sure if it's my PSC pump or not. Never seen it where it only whined when the steering wheel was turned one direction and not the other. When only turning slightly right, there was no noise. I drove home and with only slight turns there was no noise, but making a 90 degree right turn resulted in a whining noise.

Did you hit the ram? You may have bent the shaft.

jeeeep

Hooked

sounds like something is blocking the ram - either the shaft is bent as mentioned or the ram clamp on the tie rod shifted

post a pic of your ram

Top Bottom