rapid release air down vavles

papa11

hello everyone!! im new here i purchased a 2008 rubicon jku it was set up pretty good when i bought it back in october of 2016. i do have one small issue it has atx wheels, im not sure which one i believe they are chamber pro II's not really sure, anyway each wheel has 3 valve stems, 2 of the stems are just regular stems, the third is larger almost twice the size, well i noticed the one on my left rear was leaking, so after i got her home from a late night snow run, i started messing with it, and well when i unscrewed the cap POOF!!! my 40 inch tire went flat and i mean flat. so i started looking all over the net and found i have rimrock rapid release air valves. great, now i need a replacement, well here is my problem i cannot find them anywhere, rimrock is out, i ordered 2 of them from trail ready in feb, they took my money but no valves, no answer on the phone etc..does anyone know where to get these things??? i went to a 4x4 swap meet last weekend and nobody has them. i need one or i cant use my wheel, yes i had a spare and its on. if anyone knows where to get these things i would really appreciate getting pointed in the right direction

thanks 8BCF6DF2-3D9F-4957-95C3-F64729C4EAF3.jpg

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Check a heavy equipment dealer. Cat, JohnDeere etc. I'm not familiar with RimRock valves, but I do know that lots of equipment runs large valve stems about double a standard stem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Well forget the first response. I just looked them up and they are not what I was picturing at all. Good luck finding a solution. Hopefully someone has access to some replacement parts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hard to see what wheels you have but the chambers do come with two valve stems. It's weird that they installed a third one and not just use of the pre existing steam.

Anyway depending upon the size of the steam I bet you could replace it with a monster valve or one of the ones spider lock sells like posted above

papa11

got them!!

ok i just wanted to say i got my valves it took a month but trailready did deliver...i still dont understand why i could not get them to answer an email..anyway i will say this to anyone who may be considering the rimrock rad's or rapid release valve stems they are very hard to find. if my wheels did not already have them when i bought the jeep i would never have installed them. it is cool to watch your 40 inch tire air down so fast but really?? i have never been in a big hurry to air down so fast. usually when we stop to air down everyone is just standing around talking over the run were gonna make or just hangin out for a bit...so to all who posted to this thread with ideas, thank you!!

2011jk

I've ran RimRock valves and love them nothing air down a tire faster. I've never had a issue getting a hold of the but haven't called in over a year.

I didn't want to either re-machine one of the holes or drill another hole in my chamber's so I used Jantz J-Flaters. They are almost as fast as the RimRocks but mount on your existing stem. You can make them air down faster by drilling out the stem.

Top Bottom