The head or the heart

WoodChuck

Hi everyone, I'm ready to pull the trigger on aftermarket wheels and tires. I've got a 15 jku rubicon black thinking black or gunmetal wheels. Definitely nitto ridge grappler. Common sense tells me 33s because I drive 50miles round trip daily for work. Almost all interstate. But my heart tells me 35s. Little time Some off-roading when I can. Mainly mud, would like some opinions. I'm afraid I'll lose road manners with 35s.any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cforgerson

I'd personally go with the heart but if the slight boost in mpg is worth it then make the cheaper (and less fun) choice. Either way let us know what you get!

Hi everyone, I'm ready to pull the trigger on aftermarket wheels and tires. I've got a 15 jku rubicon black thinking black or gunmetal wheels. Definitely nitto ridge grappler. Common sense tells me 33s because I drive 50miles round trip daily for work. Almost all interstate. But my heart tells me 35s. Little time Some off-roading when I can. Mainly mud, would like some opinions. I'm afraid I'll lose road manners with 35s.any input would be appreciated.

Running a slightly larger tire won't kill your road manners. It is the lift that could mess up on road performance. The nice thing about the JK is that 35 inch tires will fit with just a two inch lift. I had a 2 1/2 inch lift and 35's on my last JK and it was great (for a Jeep) on road until the ball joints wore out. Just remember that with a bigger tires you will have more maintenance on things like ball joints and gear oil. I would also recommend gusseting your C's to help prevent bending from the extra stress and weight of the tires.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Honestly, I was in the same boat, I drive 54 mi per day to work in a city, got the trail grapplers. Obviously, not as good as all terrains but really not that bad. I doubt you'll be miserable if you get the 35" ridge grapplers.

WoodChuck

Running a slightly larger tire won't kill your road manners. It is the lift that could mess up on road performance. The nice thing about the JK is that 35 inch tires will fit with just a two inch lift. I had a 2 1/2 inch lift and 35's on my last JK and it was great (for a Jeep) on road until the ball joints wore out. Just remember that with a bigger tires you will have more maintenance on things like ball joints and gear oil. I would also recommend gusseting your C's to help prevent bending from the extra stress and weight of the tires.

Thanks guys also what spring lift rides decent

I think most people on here will recommend EVO springs. I know Rancho just came out with a 2 inch soft ride spring lift. Pair that with their adjustable shocks and I bet you get an amazing ride!

GraniteCrystal

Tire carrier not needed for 35s; just isolate properly.

If you have 3.23 gears, for sure. 3.73 gears probably still. 4.10 you'll probably be fine and not notice it that much.

jorgelrod

Hooked
As a man who's had both and commutes daily on his jeep. Go with 35's, you will regret having chosen 33's almost immediately. It is doable with 4.10s, it's far better if you regear to 4.56...

sipafz

Caught the Bug
What gears are you running? I personally wouldn't run 35's with 3.73's, but that's just me.

Top Bottom