MP241 transfer case

kjesse7

Picked up a transfer case from a guy in town he said came out of his 2013 Wrangler jku. It is a mp241 transfer case with a 2:72 ratio. Got a couple of project jeeps I'm working on so I'm just wondering what all this would work on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Basscat

Picked up a transfer case from a guy in town he said came out of his 2013 Wrangler jku. It is a mp241 transfer case with a 2:72 ratio. Got a couple of project jeeps I'm working on so I'm just wondering what all this would work on.

That would be "NP" or New Process 241 and the options are many depending on what power trains you're wanting to pair it with? Sorry I can't be more help but for folks to weigh in you'll need to provide more info on your project jeeps.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I guess what I'm really trying to ask is if this transfer case will work on my auto 3.8 jku

Funny they renamed it MP vs NP. Magna bought out New Process when they closed up shop several years ago so it's the same.

If it is out of a 3.6 auto it will not work with your 3.8 as the input spline count is different. 3.6 autos have a 26 spline tcase input. All 3.8s and 3.6 manuals have 23 spline tcase input. Easiest way if u have the tcase on the ground would be count the splines on the input shaft.

EDIT: notice you said it was from a 13, oops. Edited accordingly.

Last edited:

Basscat

Funny they renamed it MP vs NP. Magna bought out New Process when they closed up shop several years ago so it's the same.

If it is out of a 3.6 auto it will not work with your 3.8 as the input spline count is different. 3.6 autos have a 26 spline tcase input. All 3.8s and 3.6 manuals have 23 spline tcase input. Easiest way if u have the tcase on the ground would be count the splines on the input shaft.

EDIT: notice you said it was from a 13, oops. Edited accordingly.

Learned something! MP now vs New Process. Sorry for the misinformation.

Top Bottom