TeraFlex CA's

MacRubi2

I'm getting ready to buy replacement bushings for these CA.

I know some on here have ran these over the years so what I'd like to know is what was the fist sign that you experienced letting you know it is as time to replace them. Not a full blow out of the bushing cause that's a no brainer.

I'm experiencing some popping and clicking on one of my front lower. I've greased and torqued everything but still making some noise and is most noticeable when leaving from a stop.

J

JKDream

I'm getting ready to buy replacement bushings for these CA.

I know some on here have ran these over the years so what I'd like to know is what was the fist sign that you experienced letting you know it is as time to replace them. Not a full blow out of the bushing cause that's a no brainer.

I'm experiencing some popping and clicking on one of my front lower. I've greased and torqued everything but still making some noise and is most noticeable when leaving from a stop.

Sounds like you answered your own question.
The joint has developed play - and is now popping as a result.

aermotor

Oh boy. I rebuilt these once. Actually took many times to get it done once. They are a PITA and the c-clips don't hold. Not nice CAs. I wish you could ditch them for something else.

Good luck with the rebuild.

MacRubi2

Oh boy. I rebuilt these once. Actually took many times to get it done once. They are a PITA and the c-clips don't hold. Not nice CAs. I wish you could ditch them for something else.

Good luck with the rebuild.

Yeah that would be the best option but not in the cards right now....heck they have only been on the Jeep for a year and a half so I couldn't justify replacing them yet.

Maybe after I rebuild them and see if they are really a pain in the a$$ that will drive me too replace them

aermotor

Perhaps better c-clips that aren't shiny chrome will hold better. The matte black ones is what comes to kind with the Currie and EVO arms I have.

MacRubi2

Perhaps better c-clips that aren't shiny chrome will hold better. The matte black ones is what comes to kind with the Currie and EVO arms I have.

Come on what's wrong with shiny chrome C-clips... Oh I know what I will do I'll just paint them black 😳

Top Bottom