Teraflex prerunner lift kit?

Buneewunee

Hello,
Just wondering if anybody has personal experience with the Teraflex 3" or 4" prerunner lift kit installed on their JKU, and, if so, how do you like it? I just got a new 2017 JKUR Hardrock and was thinking about that kit or the Full Traction 3" or 4" long arm kit (and add the speed bump bump stops). I recently traded in my 2015 JKUR Hardrock due to continuing death wobbles after the dealership installed the Mopar 4" lift kit, so I'm very weary about what lift I should put on. But this time, I will have it installed by a specialty shop, so hopefully that will make a difference. Thanks in advance for any input.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hello,
Just wondering if anybody has personal experience with the Teraflex 3" or 4" prerunner lift kit installed on their JKU, and, if so, how do you like it? I just got a new 2017 JKUR Hardrock and was thinking about that kit or the Full Traction 3" or 4" long arm kit (and add the speed bump bump stops). I recently traded in my 2015 JKUR Hardrock due to continuing death wobbles after the dealership installed the Mopar 4" lift kit, so I'm very weary about what lift I should put on. But this time, I will have it installed by a specialty shop, so hopefully that will make a difference. Thanks in advance for any input.

If you want a really stiff ride and the company to blame you for when their Chinese steel breaks then the terraflex lift is for you. Otherwise I would highly suggest the full traction kit. Jeepfan has been running the full traction kit for many many years and I have personally seen it in action out in Moab. It's a great kit and well made. I don't think you would be disappointed in it.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I ran the Teraflex 3" LCG suspension on my last JK. Avoid it like the plague. Frame side bushings blow out, the flex joints don't last long, and the brackets for the rear arms catastrophically failed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You really like to buy shitty products don't you? You get what you pay for. If you got rid of a jeep because you had death wobble, maybe you should just leave your jeep stock.

Teraflex sucks. Full traction brackets hang down pretty far. It's okay but there are other lifts that are better. Keep looking.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty sure it was the TeraFlex pre-runner kit that Dennis was running when he hit a bush and it did such a poor job of soaking it up that it caused him to roll his Jeep.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

JeepJeep75

Pretty sure it was the TeraFlex pre-runner kit that Dennis was running when he hit a bush and it did such a poor job of soaking it up that it caused him to roll his Jeep.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

I saw that video early on in my lift research. Classic! He was riding with another dude. They both climbed out after the flop totally dumbfounded.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Thanks for everybody's input. Teraflex is no longer an option, since all of the bad reviews about its quality.

I commented on this very lift earlier today. When I first switched over to JKs I wanted the TF Prerunner 3" specifically. By absolute coincidence, and guy I met at work had the Prerunner 4" kit and let me drive his Jeep around, as well as about a years worth of riding in it on and off. I was appalled at how stiff it was. I suppose if that's your thing then it's ok. I grew up around desert racing and real Prerunners and was expecting a softer riding kit. In my opinion, it rode terrible and when I left he was in the process of swapping out suspensions because his wife had enough of it. I'd steer clear personally.

Top Bottom