'13 Tire Pressure Sensors

I have heard the '13 tire pressure sensors are different than previous years. Will they work with ATX Beadlock Slabs? Are there any "special" tricks to mounting tires on these wheels? I have never messed with a Beadlock wheel of any kind before, I presume they will come with instructions. One thing I know for sure, by tomorrow night I will know a whole lot more about them!

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the slabs! As far as the sensors go I'd get rid of them if I could. It is very irritating to have your Jeep dinging at you you every time you start up. I mean you will be aired down alot while on the trails... I'm going to ask my dealer if they can be disabled.

I can't imagine there is much difference as far as fit on a wheel but I'm not sure. When I got my pro- comps the tire guy swapped them over with no problem.. I do have a 2012 though.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

ssh6314

They are easy to remove. If your state will allow it. Any tire place can do it. Here in Washington its law to have them if your car came equipped with them. And if you ditched em yourself. Your required to purchase new ones. They are about 89 each here. Les schaub has notices posted like every 6 inches on there counter about it. Just started this year.. sucks

Sent from my PG86100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well I thought I would save them since I already have a Procal and have the warning set down to 25psi. The '13 actually tells you the exact pressure in each tire, it's kind of nice. I'm mostly wondering if they will move easily over from the old to the new wheels without needing special tools or replacement valve stems. I'm fine with eliminating them though, we have no vehicle inspection process that might cause problems.

I have a '13 w/ a procal as well and will be running spyderlock bead locks and have the same question. When you start messing with them and find out please post what you find. :thumb: Thanks!!

Prime8

I have a '13 w/ a procal as well and will be running spyderlock bead locks and have the same question. When you start messing with them and find out please post what you find. :thumb: Thanks!!

Funny you should ask! I have spyderlocks on my '13 and wanted to keep my tpms, since it is also a daily driver. In order to run the tpms in the spyderlocks, I had to get different, longer stems. The mechanic did it for me while the rig was there for other stuff, so I'm not sure what he used, but I'd imagine they are universal in diameter and length is all that varies, but I'm not sure. All I know is that longer stems allows for Spyderlock/tpms harmony... Haha.

Prime8

Btw, for the OP, spyderlocks and slabs are identical wheels with a different ring design, so my above post applies to slabs as well.

MTG

Caught the Bug
They are easy to remove. If your state will allow it. Any tire place can do it. Here in Washington its law to have them if your car came equipped with them. And if you ditched em yourself. Your required to purchase new ones. They are about 89 each here. Les schaub has notices posted like every 6 inches on there counter about it. Just started this year.. sucks

Wow that is crazy! Are the tire shops required to report you? Do you have vehicle inspections in WA?

Funny you should ask! I have spyderlocks on my '13 and wanted to keep my tpms, since it is also a daily driver. In order to run the tpms in the spyderlocks, I had to get different, longer stems. The mechanic did it for me while the rig was there for other stuff, so I'm not sure what he used, but I'd imagine they are universal in diameter and length is all that varies, but I'm not sure. All I know is that longer stems allows for Spyderlock/tpms harmony... Haha.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I was planning on mounting everything myself because I have not found a shop that will help in any way yet. I will take a look and see what I can figure out :D. If not I am sure I will be posting here since people here are way more helpful haha. I have some time since I am still waiting for my EVO coil overs :thumb:

Prime8

Coilovers huh? Jealous! Maybe we could trade advice for coilovers...? Haha. If you have the spyderlocks already (or once you get them, if not) ask your local dealer if they have any valve stems that are longer than stock but still accommodate the tpms sensors (for some reason I think my mechanic got Chevy ones...). If so, buy just one. Take it home, pull the tpms out of your spare tire, and see if the sensor, wheel, and stem all fit together properly. In not, return the stem. If so, get 4 more! I will call my mechanic tomorrow, if I remember, and ask which ones he used...

Coilovers huh? Jealous! Maybe we could trade advice for coilovers...? Haha. If you have the spyderlocks already (or once you get them, if not) ask your local dealer if they have any valve stems that are longer than stock but still accommodate the tpms sensors (for some reason I think my mechanic got Chevy ones...). If so, buy just one. Take it home, pull the tpms out of your spare tire, and see if the sensor, wheel, and stem all fit together properly. In not, return the stem. If so, get 4 more! I will call my mechanic tomorrow, if I remember, and ask which ones he used...

HAHAHA! Ya I am doing the bolt on kit from EVO with the High Clearance Long Arm Kit and some other things. I already have my spyderlocks and 37" Trail Grapplers which I was going to work on if I finish my bumper and winch this weekend. If you could find out which one your mechanic used that would be great but I like your idea about buying one and checking before pot committing :yup:

Thanks again for the help and nice to meet you (I am new to the jeep and wayalife community)!

Prime8

HAHAHA! Ya I am doing the bolt on kit from EVO with the High Clearance Long Arm Kit and some other things. I already have my spyderlocks and 37" Trail Grapplers which I was going to work on if I finish my bumper and winch this weekend. If you could find out which one your mechanic used that would be great but I like your idea about buying one and checking before pot committing :yup:

Thanks again for the help and nice to meet you (I am new to the jeep and wayalife community)!

Well since you have similar mods (many identical) to my rig, but an upgraded suspension, maybe Slimer will call your rig "big brother".

Prime8

I know I enjoy updating and getting feedback on my "Slimer Build Thread"... Good way to ask specific questions with your vehicle right there as a reference for people to look through too.

ssh6314

Wow that is crazy! Are the tire shops required to report you? Do you have vehicle inspections in WA?

No and yes on inspections. It varies by county here. So I live in Thurston county, no emissions or anything. In pierce county. Which is the borders Thurston, you have to pass emissions etc to register a car at all. It's wierd. As far as the tpms, les schaub told Me they will do one change of tires on a car for a person. And record that the person did it. No tpms required. After that. They either have to buy sensors from them, or bring there own and have them installed. If they refuse. They have to refuse service. And it only applies to cars that came factory with them. Spares don't count on the state requirement.

Sent from my PG86100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
No and yes on inspections. It varies by county here. So I live in Thurston county, no emissions or anything. In pierce county. Which is the borders Thurston, you have to pass emissions etc to register a car at all. It's wierd. As far as the tpms, les schaub told Me they will do one change of tires on a car for a person. And record that the person did it. No tpms required. After that. They either have to buy sensors from them, or bring there own and have them installed. If they refuse. They have to refuse service. And it only applies to cars that came factory with them. Spares don't count on the state requirement.

Interesting. Thanks for the info...I like to keep tabs on the happenings in the PNW. LOL!

dchew

Caught the Bug

Exactly the combo I am working on now: Bolt-on coil overs with the high clearance long arms. I second Prime8's idea of a build thread. Really helps when you get into minor binds. :yup:
Here's mine: Oso Build Thread

I've got tpms sensors waiting for me to install them on my Hutchinson beadlocks. I can take a photo of them if that helps. Simple phillips screw that mounts them to the end of the valve stem.

japerry

We just moved over new wheels on a 2013. The new TMPS sensor uses a two piece design, greatly simplifying and reducing the cost of the sensors.

You should be able to pick up valve stems at any auto parts store for $4/ea -- I fetched a few extras just incase there is a booboo on the trails

TPMS sensors can be found online (check ebay, etc) for as low as $40/set of 4!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-CHRYS...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec62e5392&vxp=mtr

I personally really love the 2013 design, it tells us the number as they get aired down, and with the ProCal we can make it less annoying when we go upto only 25PSI ;-)

Top Bottom