Rotating Pintle to Hitch mount

ryager13

Being in the military I know the one thing that we do not break is trailers. The only thing I have ever seen go wrong is leaving the brakes on and dragging it 50 miles then saying a crap and releasing the brake and still going just fine. So I am in the market for a military trailer, M1102 to be exact with a canvas top, I want tan, mostly because I know they are newer and have not gotten beaten up as bad as the old style camo ones. What I am really looking for though is a pintle hitch that goes in the trailer hitch I already have that is swivel head. It seems to be hard to find one of these, they are either fixed head or they do not go into a regular trailer hitch. If you guys have any ideas that would be awesome. Also already tried a search and looked through articles, maybe it is because I am new but couldn't really find much about it.

ryager13

Also just to give you guys a heads up, everybody seems to want an M1101. Do not buy the M1101 because the M1102 is the same thing except the M1102 can take more weight on it, about 1000 pounds more weight on it. This still falls under the factory tow capabailites for the JKU. Just wanted to give a heads up on that little piece of information for everybody to know.

ryager13

My friend put this same one on his military trailer and loves it. I will see if I can find some pics.

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

That would be awesome thanks! The other ones I just don't get how to hook up to a military trailer. I know the mount can come off and I can put another one on for the hitch, however I am not a welder and I want to make sure everything is still safe for myself and all the others around me. Maybe I am not thinking outside the box enough so seeing a picture of something would be great. I saw a couple of other pictures but it looked like they made something or were able to buy something and I just do not seem to be able to find it what they used for a swivel head to a stationary head for a pintle hitch.

ryager13

They all rotate to a point. You actually don't want them to completely rotate. That's how your trailer ends up on its lid.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

More of the same rotation as a HMMWV. I don't want it to topple over, I just know that the trailer side for us is fixed, HMMWV side is rotational. Need something that can do some good off-roading and not have to worry about the trailer doing some crazy stuff behind me.

Journeyman

More of the same rotation as a HMMWV. I don't want it to topple over, I just know that the trailer side for us is fixed, HMMWV side is rotational. Need something that can do some good off-roading and not have to worry about the trailer doing some crazy stuff behind me.

10-4 understood.
I haven't come across anything resembling what your looking for that I can recall. The max coupler might be your best bet, but you'll have to re-fab your trailer tongue.
My trailer is set up opposite of yours. My lunet eye rotates.

ryager13

10-4 understood.
I haven't come across anything resembling what your looking for that I can recall. The max coupler might be your best bet, but you'll have to re-fab your trailer tongue.
My trailer is set up opposite of yours. My lunet eye rotates.

Is it a military style trailer? If so how did you get it to rotate. I have thought of a couple different ideas, such as have someone fab up some longer steel that put a 2.5" swiveling pintle hitch on it. I really want to make sure that when I am off roading I don't look back and there is a trailer going the wrong way off a cliff, or worse at a person or something. Really just want the safest set-up to be able to do something like this.

Top Bottom