How long do coil Springs last?

deezus

I have a RK X factor 3.5" lift on my 13 JKUR. I recently noticed it feels a little bouncy. Coil springs are about 3 years old. Running Fox shocks with bypass, non adjustable. It could also be bad ball joint to, I can hear the drive ears side pop every once in awhile. And it could be in my mind too. Only noticing it with people in jeep on the street. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
Not sure about springs but if your feeling it bouncy I would suspect your shocks aren't doing their job any more. Is the Jeep sitting really low (very sagged)?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, if you're feeling like your suspension is "bouncy", I would look at your shocks as being the culprit. Your coils should last the life of your Jeep unless you're not running the proper bump stop extensions and have since over compressed them. However, that would just result in them not returning to their original height. Ride quality should still be the same.

deezus

As mentioned, if you're feeling like your suspension is "bouncy", I would look at your shocks as being the culprit. Your coils should last the life of your Jeep unless you're not running the proper bump stop extensions and have since over compressed them. However, that would just result in them not returning to their original height. Ride quality should still be the same.
Jeep sits with 3 3/4 " lift. Even with warn winch, bumpers, body armor, skid plates. Before getting 4" bumps shock on front t drivers side did bottom out a couple times resulting in cap coming off on shock piston. So I would knock it into place and keep going. Actually 2 of them did this. That's why when I upgrade shocks, I'm gonna get the Evo tuned for Jk adjustable. From what I've read they fall into the sweet spot of 3-5" of lift right? Anyway, what's another 2 grand lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom