Few questions

Jersey_Devil

OK so my Daystar 3/4" coil spacers came today and the Evo No Limits Disco and Evo Rockstar skids have been sitting in room for too long... My questions are...

1.) when I install the disco, where do I set the jam nut on it? All the way in? All the way out?
2.) I don't have a procal, so what will my computer think since the electronics are gone? Will it hurt anything riding like that till I get the procal?
3.) when installing the Rockstar skids I know I gotta cut off the factory shock mount, what about the factory sway bar links mount?
4.) how much smaller of a sway bar link do i need in the rear? Evos Site says may need smaller links, how do i know if I need them and how do i know how small they need to be?
5.) is there a way for me to "sneak" the spacers in by just letting the suspension hang? Just curious if anyone has any short cuts (not half a$$ jobs, but better method)

mtnbiker995

I can answer #5 with a yes...that's how I did my coil spacers. Two floor jacks and a bottle jack in the driveway it took my cousin an I about an hour total to do all four corners.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Putting a bottle jack in between the frame and the top side of the axle should help you get enough droop for the pucks BUT, be careful to watch your brake lines. As for the jam nut, I'm sure someone else will chime in to confirm but if my memory serves, the jamnut goes against the link body not the joint head. I haven't run the no limits so I can't help you there.

Question: do you have the correct length shock to use with the combination of the Rockstars and the puck lift? You don't want to damage your shocks by overextending the shaft.

TLAW719

I may be wrong and please correct me if I am, but I believe the jamnut does go against the link body. And I think I remember seeing Mel talk about that in a video of theirs on YouTube. But again I may be wrong.

Jersey_Devil

Putting a bottle jack in between the frame and the top side of the axle should help you get enough droop for the pucks BUT, be careful to watch your brake lines. As for the jam nut, I'm sure someone else will chime in to confirm but if my memory serves, the jamnut goes against the link body not the joint head. I haven't run the no limits so I can't help you there.

Question: do you have the correct length shock to use with the combination of the Rockstars and the puck lift? You don't want to damage your shocks by overextending the shaft.

I didn't even think about that... Site just had the note about the sway bar link I'm running Rough Country 2.2s with skyjacker 4" coils.... What do u think? Should I wait till I get my king shocks at tax time, or can I do it now?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
1.) when I install the disco, where do I set the jam nut on it? All the way in? All the way out?

You set the jam nuts up against the link bars to lock in the position of the heims to it.

2.) I don't have a procal, so what will my computer think since the electronics are gone? Will it hurt anything riding like that till I get the procal?

Nothing will be hurt but your shift points will be off and that will make your engine feel like it has less power.

3.) when installing the Rockstar skids I know I gotta cut off the factory shock mount, what about the factory sway bar links mount?

[EDITED] They will need to go. The Rockstars have new mounts built into them.

4.) how much smaller of a sway bar link do i need in the rear? Evos Site says may need smaller links, how do i know if I need them and how do i know how small they need to be?

Ideally, you want your sway bar arms to be sitting at about parallel to the ground if not about +5° upward. however, having it taller won't kill you.

5.) is there a way for me to "sneak" the spacers in by just letting the suspension hang? Just curious if anyone has any short cuts (not half a$$ jobs, but better method)

Nope. You'll need to remove the coils and put the spacers on top of them.

Jersey_Devil

You set the jam nuts up against the link bars to lock in the position of the heims to it.

Nothing will be hurt but your shift points will be off and that will make your engine feel like it has less power.

The factory link mounts on the axle sit higher up on the axle and do not get cut off.

Ideally, you want your sway bar arms to be sitting at about parallel to the ground if not about +5° upward. however, having it taller won't kill you.

Nope. You'll need to remove the coils and put the spacers on top of them.

Thank u for breaking that down for me, but the only thing I'm confused on is how does the no limits disco make the shift points off? Maybe I'll get the procal first just in case.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank u for breaking that down for me, but the only thing I'm confused on is how does the no limits disco make the shift points off? Maybe I'll get the procal first just in case.

LOL!! I just re-read your post and realize that I read what you were saying a bit too fast. All I saw was "procal" and assumed you were referring to it for new gears. :crazyeyes: :blush:

Regarding the need for it to turn off your disco light, you will be fine without it but you will have the annoying light on your dash. Sorry for the confusion.

Jersey_Devil

LOL!! I just re-read your post and realize that I read what you were saying a bit too fast. All I saw was "procal" and assumed you were referring to it for new gears. :crazyeyes: :blush:

Regarding the need for it to turn off your disco light, you will be fine without it but you will have the annoying light on your dash. Sorry for the confusion.

O OK, I thought maybe it did something funky with the computer! Okay that's not bad, just a light... I can deal with that (for a few days anyhow lol)

One other thing.... I just noticed last night that EVO sells JUST the plush ride 4" coils by themselves.... What advantages would they have over the Skyjacker 4" coils I'm currently running?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
O OK, I thought maybe it did something funky with the computer! Okay that's not bad, just a light... I can deal with that (for a few days anyhow lol)

A piece of electrical tape works wonders :D

One other thing.... I just noticed last night that EVO sells JUST the plush ride 4" coils by themselves.... What advantages would they have over the Skyjacker 4" coils I'm currently running?

They will be softer.

Are there 2 different setups for the rockstars? I know on the EVO bolt on coilovers I had to cut the link tabs off.

In the picture it looks like the link is on the Rockstar

View attachment 14490

I guess today isn't my day for providing useful information. I am definitely in error here and appreciate the correction. My apologies for the bad info. I think I'll go dig a hole to crawl into for a while :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I guess today isn't my day for providing useful information. I am definitely in error here and appreciate the correction. My apologies for the bad info. I think I'll go dig a hole to crawl into for a while :crazyeyes:

Go back to bed Eddie. :cheesy:

rinkishjk

The swaybar light will flash all the time. Mine does since I installed Currie anti rock. I went to the dealer to have the light turned off and they told me they legally could not turn it off. I didn't feel like arguing since he was totally wrong.
I went home and used a sharpee and colored over my trac light and the swaybar light.
Can't see them at night at all.
Mine has been like this for 3 weeks now and no issues.
Also my electrical plug for the edisco I put in a zip lock bag and tied it closed and tied it to the frame rail.

Eddie, drink some coffee and get that movie done man! :):beer:

Attachments

• 1359741139175.jpg
    1359741139175.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
LOL!! No joke, Cindy and I have been burning the midnight oil all week to get part 2 of Heartland done and I do think it's finally taking its toll on me :crazyeyes:

Excuses, excuses :cheesy:, get that video done! :thumb: I can’t sleep :grayno:, I am up all day and up all night waiting and waiting! During the mornings coffee, coffee, coffee, after noon beer,:beer: beer,:beer: beer,:beer: at night coffee coffee, coffee. It’s a vicious cycle. But I know Eddie and Cindy can do it! All fun aside don’t kill yourselves and rest. Your health outweighs it all! :yup::standing wave:

Last edited:
Top Bottom