Jeep JKU build

ryjeep

Hey everyone I was looking to do a build for my JKU. ONE tons 42s, roll cage, and possibly fuel cell in my trunk compartment. I was just looking for advice on what rout to go with axles and fuel cell. I was looking at dynatrac pro rock 60s. Does anyone advise to build one tons over those crates? I want to do a fuel cell because I basically destroyed my stock fuel tank wheeling. Anything helps. Currently on 37s, 6in long arm. D30 front and D44 rear.

Sent from my SM-T377V using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife.

First question I would have, is how much do you want to spend?

Personally I would just take advantage of dynatracs new package deal on the PR60 combo which will be more than junkyard axles....but not that much after all the work you need to put into them to run them. Seems better to spend a little more and have an axle that bolts right into your jeep. However if you want to run 42s....you should be looking at the XD60/PR80 combo instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryjeep

Why thank you for your response. My current budget is around 20k. I was looking to get the XD60s from dynatrac because they have a front and rear discount. I can't bring myself to get the PR80 just because I feel it would be way too heavy and replacement shafts are very expensive. 40 spline compared to 35.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

davidk

20k is a pretty tight budget in my opinion. I'm not sure of the deal dynatrac has but the mopar Dana 60 I have are amazing and I'm loving them. Yes they are heavy but perform really well.
Axles were like 11k and then 40s with beadlock wheels are like 4000. Then u have steering upgrades tie rods track bar etc. might be close. But doable.

IMG_3410.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ryjeep

Well you get a new tie rod that's has hydro assist brackets with the set of dynatrac XD60s. They're around 12k. I already have hydro assist with steering pump frame reinforcement cross members along with the Tera flex high steer setup. I also have method 105 beadlocks with 6 lug. It would be just be drive shafts, axles and tires. I might spend a little more. Well see.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom