2016 Hard Rock Rubicon Bumpers

Dnm1012

I thought I had this fixed but as of this past weekend it has started up again. This may be a silly question but I have the stock Hard Rock front and rear bumpers on my jeep and for some reason the back bumper continues to squeak and it's driving me bonkers. A month or so ago I took the bumper off and reinstalled it using red loctite which worked until this weekend and yup you guessed it, the squeaking is back. Anyone have any ideas as to why it's doing this and ideas on how to resolve it, is it warped or bent wonky? I really like the Bumpers but.... grrrr....
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Are you sure it was the bumper? How did you eliminate other possibilities? I understand you reinstalled the bumper and the squeak was gone however it could be a coincidence that that there was something else squeaking/
I have mine on 2014 for 47 k miles no issue.

WJCO

Meme King
I would have someone else jump on the back of the jeep or rock it while you find exactly where the squeak is coming from. Then repair it from there.

Dnm1012

Are you sure it was the bumper? How did you eliminate other possibilities? I understand you reinstalled the bumper and the squeak was gone however it could be a coincidence that that there was something else squeaking/
I have mine on 2014 for 47 k miles no issue.

I can grab the bumper and move it up and down and hear it the same squeek.

Dnm1012

Since reinstalling it I have also checked to make sure everything was still tight and it was. The loctite seems to be doing its job.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Was the fix the locktite?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

A month or so ago I took the bumper off and reinstalled it using red loctite which worked until this weekend and yup you guessed it, the squeaking is back.

:idontknow: I'm not one to read between the lines, but I would guess... No??

vader_didnt_read.gif

Rapacious

If you can move your bumper up and down at all, then you may need to turn the bolts tighter. Is the squeak in the center of the bumper or coming from one of the sides?

Dnm1012

Was the fix the locktite?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

No the loctite didn't fix it. It appears there are like 3 different layers to this bumper. The squeek is between the outer layer and the next layer in. There appears to be a star bolt under the bumper lip by the diver side tow hook that is causing the problem but it is already super tight. I am going to see if I can remove the bolt this weekend and figure out something from there. The passenger side one is fine no squeeking at all From this side. This was a stupid design on mopars part in my opinion.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I also have a HR and I developed a squeak that became very prominent during the Rausch Creek trip a couple weeks ago. It seemed to go away by the end of the day and I hadn't heard it again until this morning. I'm not sure if it's the same exact squeak you have but it's damn annoying. I'll be following for your solution and investigate my rear bumper when I get a chance.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I thought I had this fixed but as of this past weekend it has started up again. This may be a silly question but I have the stock Hard Rock front and rear bumpers on my jeep and for some reason the back bumper continues to squeak and it's driving me bonkers. A month or so ago I took the bumper off and reinstalled it using red loctite which worked until this weekend and yup you guessed it, the squeaking is back. Anyone have any ideas as to why it's doing this and ideas on how to resolve it, is it warped or bent wonky? I really like the Bumpers but.... grrrr....
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

doubt its the bumper. more likely your tailgate or tire.

Top Bottom