Bikini Tops !?!

RedRum

Hey Everyone,

So real quick I did a search and couldn't find the answer I was looking for however if it's been discussed I apologize ahead of time ...

Factory hardtop unlimited rubicon, I live in NJ and don't have a garage for the jeep ... looking for the best bikini top option ( I know it won't be perfect ) to get that I can put on and if we get a sudden rain shower while I'm at work in manhattan I won't be pissed off when I come home to the entire dash and front seats soaked when weather had 0 percent Chance of rain, also don't want to wheel with hard top anymore so if I head out on a weekend trip something that can mostly protect me from those random rain storms ...

I know the trek nx top is an option by removing all the windows but wasn't looking to spend that much and want something that can be taken completely off easily

Best top has a bikini top with header but does anyone have experience how it holds up without door surrounds ??

Thank you for any help and advice

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

KYRubi

The Bestop bikini top leaks very badly and water collects on top of it. With water sitting on top of it, you get a couple gallons of water dumped on you when you start to move. In my opinion, one of their safari tops that use the cables that fit into the channels of the door surrounds works much better. This is speaking from experience. I have the bikini top, safari top, Trektop NX, and Trektop Pro for my Jeep.

raven12

Without door surrounds, you're going to get leaks regardless. Mostly where the gaps are between cage and doors. You can buy door surrounds alone. I found the cable style on Amazon, used.

Hammmerhead

Without door surrounds, you're going to get leaks regardless. Mostly where the gaps are between cage and doors. You can buy door surrounds alone. I found the cable style on Amazon, used.

this ^^^^^

I too just wanted a Bikini and found out with surrounds and all you're better off just getting a bikini capable soft top package. Hit a memorial day sale coming up and pick up a Bestop NX or something similar.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hey Everyone,

So real quick I did a search and couldn't find the answer I was looking for however if it's been discussed I apologize ahead of time ...

Factory hardtop unlimited rubicon, I live in NJ and don't have a garage for the jeep ... looking for the best bikini top option ( I know it won't be perfect ) to get that I can put on and if we get a sudden rain shower while I'm at work in manhattan I won't be pissed off when I come home to the entire dash and front seats soaked when weather had 0 percent Chance of rain, also don't want to wheel with hard top anymore so if I head out on a weekend trip something that can mostly protect me from those random rain storms ...

I know the trek nx top is an option by removing all the windows but wasn't looking to spend that much and want something that can be taken completely off easily

Best top has a bikini top with header but does anyone have experience how it holds up without door surrounds ??

Thank you for any help and advice

What about a cover?

IMG_8608.jpg

RioGrandeJK

I've got the Quadratec (bestop) package that comes with the bikini, tonneau, and windscreen. Its really a nice set up and I didn't have too much of an issue with water and I have driven through some sustained rain with it. Plus, its a great value with the "Quadrapac" Its always a good idea to pull the carpet and drain plugs when using a bikini top for that occasion you end up flooded.

I did however pick up a lightly used trektop NX for $250 over the winter. I'm stoked for that. We found the bikini was a little too rough on our little guy when driving on super dusty roads... which we have a lot of.

EDIT: Without the surrounds you have a gap...obviously. Not a huge deal unless you are freaked out by getting a little splash when you push the water off after a rain storm. Although I have heard the Mopar SunBonnet or whatever its called attaches to the surrounds so that may be a better option. Then pick up the Quadratec Tonneau/Duster to keep your cargo area dry-ish.

Last edited:

jagerhelix

I have used the bestop bikini for a few years now. It keeps the rain off my head just fine even during heavy rains, but as mentioned above, if its sitting and getting rained on it will sag in the middle and pool up then dump out of the sides. I usually get in and press upward to dump everything and I'll get water on the side of the seats. But to date, in very heavy rains, my dash has never gotten wet from the bikini top leaking, only from wind blown rain through the sides with no doors. It's a great cheap summer/emergency top...but does not perform as well as a dedicated soft top.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

NOPULP13

I am in the same boat actually was thinking to pull the trigger today. I have the door surrounds from my softop, I am thinking of the bestop cable bikni I am going to do the 2 door wrap around windscreen and 4 door tonno cover. I drive on the highway everyday I hear orror storys about the back of the bikini flapping anyone give me insight?

Randy Tadevich

I run topless 95% of the time and doorless 80% of the time. I keep a trail cover similar to the earlier post, but leaving the front doors open. You can still drive with it on up to 35-40 mph. However, if it's poring and coming in sideways it's useless, having been through it multiple times in these arizona moonsons. It's an inexpensive way of having an emergency cover. The one Notnalc68 posted is a great option.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom