Switch-Pro

Coop

Caught the Bug
I just wanted to put a plug in for Switch-Pros. Their 8 switch system is a quality built product that has been recommended by other jeepers and passed the test of time. I have not heard any negatives. I installed my system over the weekend. This install was easy as the instructions are excellent. I ran into a problem of my own making, which was snaking the communication cable up past my RH cage. The result of this was I pulled one of the wires out of the connector plug which attaches to the input module, or the push button module. I called Switch-Pros yesterday and was connected to their engineering group. These folks went down to their wiring harness group and acted as the intermediaries. We talked through the problem and they decided to send me a new plug assembly with new connectors that would be crimped on the wiring if I was up to the task. I said I thought I could do it and today I received the replacement parts at no cost to me, even though the problem was of my creation. They had hand drawn a wiring schematic and included that too. Put it together and presto everything works.
I am not used to this kind of service, so I have to plug these folks. I wish they made other stuff I need!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

boardsurfer

I dont think I have ever heard or read anything negative about the system. Mine has been flawless from day 1. If there's a downside, it' that I am now hell bent on more accessories to fill out the rest of the buttons. :beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Robert at Switch-Pros is a stand up guy and I still run the original custom made unit in Moby. They used to advertise here a while ago but have since outgrown the need for it. Still, I recommend their switch system all the time.

benatc1

Hooked
I love my switch pros, easy install, small and discreet but handles everything you need. I like how it is programmable as well. would recommend to anyone

sjd78

Switch Pros is an awesome company! I bought one a year and a half ago. Shortly after I got injured at work and wasn't able to install it for about 8 months. During that time they released a revised switch panel that mounts from the rear instead of the ears on the sides. I called and asked if I could order the new switch panel as a stand alone piece as it better suited my needs and they inquired why I needed another one. I explained my situation and that the one I had was still new in the package but the new one would work better for me. Long story short they shipped me a new switch panel and allowed me to ship mine back at no charge...they wouldn't even allow me to pay for the shipping cost. That's how awesome they are! They want their customers to be happy and will do what ever they can to make that happen. I'll be a customer for life!

The Cock Father

I too have their set up, and while installing it on a Sunday afternoon, I had a question. Although I did not expect a reply, I had one within 30 minutes!

Very pleased with the entire system.

Tumbleweed

I absolutely love mine.

My only "issue" is that the unused square switches are bright when no label is applied. I wanted to block the light, yet not damage the membrane. I used blue painter's tape and then covered that with black electrical tape. I haven't yet removed any of the blue tape, but am hoping that no damage will occur.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I absolutely love mine.

My only "issue" is that the unused square switches are bright when no label is applied. I wanted to block the light, yet not damage the membrane. I used blue painter's tape and then covered that with black electrical tape. I haven't yet removed any of the blue tape, but am hoping that no damage will occur.

I don't think you will have a problem when you remove the tape. Just clean up the unused switch surfaces with alcohol and you should be good.

sjd78

The Switch Pros setup is really clean and can be mounted anywhere. I have mine mounted with the daystar lower dash panel. Their customer service is remarkable as well

Mine is mounted the same way! Does your daystar panel fit flush to the dash? Mine sticks out a bit, not horrible by any means but it's not perfect.

Top Bottom