Dynatrac Trail 60 "All But Phased Out"

aermotor

I guess with the recent price drops on the PR60 it has made the Trail 60 unpopular, per Dynatrac, and they are more expensive to produce than the PR60 and have all but been phased out. I was hoping there was still a cheaper way to get into a 60, but looks like not the case anymore. Not that a PR60 is really that expensive, just thought it was interesting.

Have only seen a couple people running the Trail 60. Not sure what it cost them to get into one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I guess with the recent price drops on the PR60 it has made the Trail 60 unpopular, per Dynatrac, and they are more expensive to produce than the PR60 and have all but been phased out. I was hoping there was still a cheaper way to get into a 60, but looks like not the case anymore. Not that a PR60 is really that expensive, just thought it was interesting.

Have only seen a couple people running the Trail 60. Not sure what it cost them to get into one.

Unless you're planning on running 40's or play crazy hard, there really is no need for a 60 with 37 and smaller. I have tons of friends that have been getting by with their factory 44 and for a long time. That being said, if you do play crazy hard and/or are planning to run 40's, I personally wouldn't look for a "cheaper way to get into a 60".

aermotor

Good to know, running 37s only, for now. Playing mild won't cause bending, typically? Don't plan to run 35 spline unless I break something, maybe.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good to know, running 37s only, for now. Playing mild won't cause bending, typically? Don't plan to run 35 spline unless I break something, maybe.

Bending a flange is possible with ANY semi-float shaft. If you're only playing mildly, you're most likely gonna be fine with what you've got. Even Dynatrac sells a PR44 kit that comes with new rear shafts as a package for guys like you.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Bending a flange is possible with ANY semi-float shaft. If you're only playing mildly, you're most likely gonna be fine with what you've got. Even Dynatrac sells a PR44 kit that comes with new rear shafts as a package for guys like you.

A package I wish was available when I ordered my pr44 a few years back

aermotor

It looks like one would have to go with the RCV rear shafts + ARB to work with a factory Rubicon 44 rear? Same would go for a PR44 with factory Rubicon e-locker, if you wanted to upgrade to an ARB locker RCV is the only one who makes shafts that will fit the ARB?

ETA: It looks like the rear ARB would be part #RD157, and Ten Factory MOTMG22158 work for a rear upgrade on Rubicon models.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like one would have to go with the RCV rear shafts + ARB to work with a factory Rubicon 44 rear? Same would go for a PR44 with factory Rubicon e-locker, if you wanted to upgrade to an ARB locker RCV is the only one who makes shafts that will fit the ARB?

ETA: It looks like the rear ARB would be part #RD157, and Ten Factory MOTMG22158 work for a rear upgrade on Rubicon models.

Honestly, if you've got a Rubicon, there really is no need to go 35 spline. I mean, sure, it's stronger but I personally haven't seen a need for it. For what it's worth, I was running 35 spline rears in an old Sahara 44 rear axle and while the shafts held up to the 40x15.50's I was running, my ring and pinion didn't. Being that you've said you only play mildly, I think you'll be fine with your Rubicon shafts. Just trying to save you some money.

aermotor

I appreciate it Eddie, especially coming from the experience. You're probably right that I'm plenty fine with what I have (also have aftermarket chromo front/rear shafts already) so I'll leave it at that unless something breaks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate it Eddie, especially coming from the experience. You're probably right that I'm plenty fine with what I have (also have aftermarket chromo front/rear shafts already) so I'll leave it at that unless something breaks.

It's what I would do especially if you're already running chromoly shafts. :yup:

Top Bottom