Rigid reverse light wiring, inside or out?

jmpen

I want to get my rigid dually back ups hooked up in my destroyer. Switch on a pillar pod, don't want to tie into reverse wire. Do I run the wires inside or out? If inside where do I get them out? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1650 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkrichard

Passenger side rear corner. Rubber grommet inside behind the roll bar go through ans down inside behind the tail light and it pops out behind the tire through the little foam hole cover.

sjd78

I ran mine underneath. I ran the wiring down the passenger side of the engine compartment, over the top of the fuel tank and over the heat shield where the factory muffler used to be. I ran the wiring in wire loom for protection and secured it along the way with zip ties. I did use a wire coat hanger straightened out with a loop on the end to fish the wire over the fuel tank.

Apdski

I mounted two rigid ignites on GoPro swivel mounts to my AEV tire carrier post. I can rotate them around as work/scene lights and they function pretty alright as back up lights. I followed the third brake light wiring through the tailgate and into the trunk. From there I went across the trunk at the tailgate seal. Then simply followed existing wiring under the carpet and paneling to the front drivers side, through the firewall where the spod goes through and into the spod unit. Took about 2 hours, and a good amount of wire loom and tons of zip ties.

GraniteCrystal

I mounted two rigid ignites on GoPro swivel mounts to my AEV tire carrier post. I can rotate them around as work/scene lights and they function pretty alright as back up lights. I followed the third brake light wiring through the tailgate and into the trunk. From there I went across the trunk at the tailgate seal. Then simply followed existing wiring under the carpet and paneling to the front drivers side, through the firewall where the spod goes through and into the spod unit. Took about 2 hours, and a good amount of wire loom and tons of zip ties.
Interesting idea on the GoPro mounts. Got a pic?

Top Bottom