Adding coil spacers to a spring lift

BigBlueRu

Hello this topic might've been touched on but I couldn't find it I just got back from Moab and I have a Readylift coil spring 2 1/2 inch lift on my JKU Rubicon and flat Smittybuilt XRC fenders. It is giving me 2 1/2 inches in the front and 3 inches in the rear of actual lift I would like to lift a little more as I scrape occasionally on the underbelly I was thinking of adding an 1.5inches in the front and 1 inch in the rear. I have an Adams 1310 front driveshaft and longer Bilstein 5100 shocks already. Just wondering what your guys thoughts on doing The spacers to give me a little more lift. Besides the spacers and swaybar links and bump stops what are some things I might need to do to achieve 4 inches of actual lift will I need longer brake lines and our stock control arms still acceptable at that height. My shocks are for 1 to 3 inch lift will I need to get extensions for those I don't have a big budget to change my Lift completely or I would. Eventually I want to go to 37's. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mikecal9985

Not a 100% sure but I'm assuming it would be the same as adding a puck leveling kit on the stock spring. Like you said, you will have to get the fright length shocks or extensions, longer break lines and bump stops.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Are you running 37 inch tires? Why do you ne d 4" of lift?

If you have 3" in the back, and 2.5" in the front, your front coils have sagged at least 0.5", if not a little more. If budget is a real concern, throw a couple of 0.5, 0.75, or 1" spacers up front, and call it a day.

aermotor

Spacers are a cheap and effective way to gain a little bit of clearance back. I'm running .75 in the front and 1.5 in the rear of my 4 door to help keep my ass end up when loaded down.

BigBlueRu

Thanks for all the input. I'm worried I might be pushing the stock control arm too far at that height. Yes I plan on going to 37's after I wear out the 35's. if I go to 4" lift will it put my tires too far off center and cause rubbing with factory control arms. My rear tires are already close to rear seam which I trimmed. Not sure what to do. Might just add a 3/4 or 1" spacer to the front and call it good. If I added a 3/4 or 1" spacer to front will I need longer sway bar links or is that not enough to be an issue. Also I saw a video installing front spacers and they didn't loosen control arms or track bar to put it in they just removed bottom shock and sway bar bolts pulled spring and put spacer in. Is that acceptable or will it put control arms and track bar in a bind not loosening the bolts. Thanks again you guys are better than any mechanics around.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the input. I'm worried I might be pushing the stock control arm too far at that height. Yes I plan on going to 37's after I wear out the 35's. if I go to 4" lift will it put my tires too far off center and cause rubbing with factory control arms. My rear tires are already close to rear seam which I trimmed. Not sure what to do. Might just add a 3/4 or 1" spacer to the front and call it good. If I added a 3/4 or 1" spacer to front will I need longer sway bar links or is that not enough to be an issue. Also I saw a video installing front spacers and they didn't loosen control arms or track bar to put it in they just removed bottom shock and sway bar bolts pulled spring and put spacer in. Is that acceptable or will it put control arms and track bar in a bind not loosening the bolts. Thanks again you guys are better than any mechanics around.

You will need at least a rear track bar bracket and a front adjustable track bar. Beyond that, at 4 inches you will need adjustable front lower control arms or drop brackets and a drag link flip kit. If you need to do it in stages you could buy in the order I listed, but you will have sloppy steering until you get the other stuff. Track bar stuff has to be done at the same time as the springs. Your driving style and how much lift you actually see out of your new springs will dictate how soon you will need a front drive shaft... You will need one or exhaust spacers to get you by. Not really a good way to do a 4 inch on the cheap. If you can get 3 inches all around and a fender trim, 37's might not be a problem but factor gears either way you go. Gears can be done a little down the road to spread out spending. You may need to trim the rear pinch a bit more once you see how the tires fit once you get them.

BigBlueRu

You will need at least a rear track bar bracket and a front adjustable track bar. Beyond that, at 4 inches you will need adjustable front lower control arms or drop brackets and a drag link flip kit. If you need to do it in stages you could buy in the order I listed, but you will have sloppy steering until you get the other stuff. Track bar stuff has to be done at the same time as the springs. Your driving style and how much lift you actually see out of your new springs will dictate how soon you will need a front drive shaft... You will need one or exhaust spacers to get you by. Not really a good way to do a 4 inch on the cheap. If you can get 3 inches all around and a fender trim, 37's might not be a problem but factor gears either way you go. Gears can be done a little down the road to spread out spending. You may need to trim the rear pinch a bit more once you see how the tires fit once you get them.

Thank you for information. I have a Adams front driveshaft that's good to 5.5" of lift. And flat Smittybuilt XRC fenders. Teraflex monster adj Front track bar also.

Top Bottom