Carburetors

JOHNNYICE4

The jeep needs a new carb. Only problem is that I don't know much about carbs. It has a weber 32/36 DGAV automatic choke in it. Should we just replace it with the same carb or switch to something different. We are not rebuilding it.

Black Beast Mecanic

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of Jeep and engine is this for and do you need to be concerned about emissions?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw your other thread and was reminded that you have a 258. If you don't have to worry about emissions equipment, I might recommend an MC2100. Great carb, easy to work on and it works well on the 258.

JOHNNYICE4

Ok cool, I'll look into them. We're in Georgia and don't have emissions on this year so we're good!

Black Beast Mecanic

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok cool, I'll look into them. We're in Georgia and don't have emissions on this year so we're good!

Black Beast Mecanic

Perfect. If you haven't already done it, rip out the miles and miles of vacuum lines, smog pump, air tubes if you have them and anything else attached to your Carter BBD if that's what you still have attached to the motor. Install an MC2100 and call it a day. :yup:

JOHNNYICE4

It's got a weber 32/36 DGAV automatic choke. My cousin has been looking at the 38/38 weber carb.

Black Beast Mecanic

Top Bottom