Minneapolis / Twin cities shop needed asap

pfaff

I need some jeep community help. My wife took the wrangler to the cities from Moorhead, MN and experienced death wobble or something like it multiple times between here and there. I need to get it checked out by a reputable shop either this weekend or sometime monday. Does anybody have a hook up on a good shop that can diagnose an issue in the Minneapolis / St Paul area? Any help will be reciprocated tenfold if you're even in Moorhead and need a good craft beer. Please help. I'm super worried about my wife driving the Jeep back up here on Tuesday while I'm at work and helpless. Thanks in advance.

WJCO

Meme King
If will be more time and cost effective if you diag it yourself. Start the engine, leave it in park, and have your wife or other helper turn the steering wheel back and forth from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock while you watch the steering linkage and track bar. Look for play at the joint ends. Even 1/16" is too much.

If it's all tight, check ball joints and unit bearings. Jack up one front wheel at a time and grab wheel at 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock and try and rock the wheel to check for play. Any play is a bad unit bearing. For ball joints, put a shovel handle or large board under the tire and pry up. If ball joints have visual movement, they're bad.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...s-What-it-isn-t-and-What-You-Can-Do-to-Fix-it

outkast7222

If will be more time and cost effective if you diag it yourself. Start the engine, leave it in park, and have your wife or other helper turn the steering wheel back and forth from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock while you watch the steering linkage and track bar. Look for play at the joint ends. Even 1/16" is too much.

If it's all tight, check ball joints and unit bearings. Jack up one front wheel at a time and grab wheel at 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock and try and rock the wheel to check for play. Any play is a bad unit bearing. For ball joints, put a shovel handle or large board under the tire and pry up. If ball joints have visual movement, they're bad.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...s-What-it-isn-t-and-What-You-Can-Do-to-Fix-it
He's about 300 miles from where his wife and Jeep are.

Sent from my XT1254 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bowtech50

Give Park Jeep in Burnsville a call, they have a few techs that came over from Burnsville Off Road and are good at what they do.

pfaff

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I've filled her in and she is taking it to the shop on Nicolett that the friend she is staying with goes to to check wheel balance first. If it gets more complex I'll pass on more suggestions and work the phones. I'd love to get it on a jack and shake the front end myself, but she's four hours away like Outkast7222 said. Tough situation, as I obviously don't want my wife driving a vehicle she's not confident in on the interstate for 4 hours. She loves the jeep, its her DD and my toy, but this sucks. I feel so helpless.

Top Bottom